High End Zoa Addicts! Who wants to be a grower?

High End Zoa Addicts or HEZA!(rock2)(rock2)

I'm working on the final list of zoas now we need growas!Who wants to be a grower(clap)(clap)?!!

Interested in being a grower:

Emerald525

Pantherguy

Rgrcrain (cheaper ones)

JR

Topher

Spye

Reefnjunkie

Backup grower:

Impur

We will vote on the growers and back up growers as a group!

Being a grower can be fun. You get the pleasure of having these rare nobody else has zoas in your tank to enjoy.(clap)

It can be fun and rewarding and a great learning experience to be a grower. I know I have learned a great deal about caring for zoas being a grower.

Grower Ground Rules: (subject to everyone's approval)

Growers will be provided with frag plugs, glue, and furan2. This will be part of the final cost factored in.

For taking on the responsibility of growing, growers will get priority when zoas are fragged and distributed.

Remember you will at some point need to make 11 frags so make sure you have the space in your tank.

Ground rules:

Possession is NOT 9/10 of the rule. Just because the frag is in your tank it is NOT yours to do with as you please. It belongs to the entire group and the group has put their trust in you.

Welcome to the frequently rewarding but also frustrating world of propagation.

Zoas do melt. Zoas do die. High end zoas love to do this and laugh at you as they shrivel away into oblivion for no apparent reason!DOH! This has happened to the best of us!

Noone will hold this against you. I repeat noone will hold this against you. I repeat Reefnjunkie will NOT hold this against you(laugh)

Growers are NOT responsible for replacing zoas that have melted unless, it is deemed by a majority that the death of the zoas was because of blatant disregard for the group and obvious neglect. In this case instead of breaking bones as Reefnjunkie suggested, you will be required to replace the cost of the lost zoas, replace them with an equivalently priced zoa, or forfeit some of the equivalently priced zoas from the group which will then be sold off to recoup the loss.

Please also realize some of these zoas are slow growers so it could be a long time before you get them.

Again if you follow the simple rules of common courtesy and common sense everything will be great.

If they are not doing well just let us know. Often it seems that leaving them where they are is the best course of action as the stress of a move and new tank and lightning parameters can do them in.

This is not a marriage contract.This is not a blood oath. We will not have any ceremony that involves sharp objects or semiautomatic weapons (sorry Reefnjunkie) I understand life gets busy. Things change and you just do not have the time anymore. Just let me know and we can find someone else to take over the growing.

Please also let us know if you will be out of town for an extended period of time, a relative died, the dog ate your frag tools or any other reason that your tank may get neglected. It's just common courtesy to let us know because as I said before:

Possession is NOT 9/10 of the law and just because the zoas are in your frag tank they are NOT yours.

Grower responsibilities:

When frags arrive you need to make arrangements with me to pick up your zoas.

If you cannot pick them up that day, I will hold them for a week to settle in.

Once we as a group decide on growers we will then decide who gets to grow what.

You need to post up pictures and/or polyp counts at the first of the month. I will allow a one week window as I realize people get busy.

If you fail to post up pictures I will hound you relentlessly.(wife)(wife)

If you still fail to post up pictures or polyp counts, I will eventually grow weary of hounding you and politely ask you to pass off your zoas to another grower.

If you still repeatedly fail to answer pms for weeks and months at a time and then suddenly everything you are growing shows up dead as stated before , the group as a whole will decide and you may either be required to replace the loss or your zoas in the growout or your zoas may be sold to recoup the loss. Life happens we get busy but email, text or pms take a few minutes.

You do not need to be comfortable fragging. Beth will gladly offer her services and I'm sure others will as well.

Please also know that bad things can happen when a coral is fragged and sometimes they do melt and die particularly if someone decides to go nuts with an inland band saw!(laugh)

Again this is meant to be fun and exciting way to get hard to find zoas and learn a lot about propagation!(clap)

We all have lives beyond this fish forum (well most of us anyway (laugh)) and things happen and life happens. I realize this and it is perfectly okay to say hey I'm busy or I don't have any room in my tank, someone help me please!

Again these ground rules and responsibilities are not set in stone and subject to the group as a whole!Hopefully I did not scare anyone away who wants to try to be a grower!(scary)

This is Emerald525 and I approve this message!:p

HEZA!!!!(clap)(clap)(clap)(rock2)(rock2)

I would like to be a grower as well' date=' but live so far away it might be tough. I do need to make a trip up to p-town soon though, to pick up my purple monster and strawberry shortcake acro.[/quote']

Yeah John it might be difficult figuring out how to distribute the zoas. Also if something went wrong it would be more difficult for you to pass them off to someone. There will likely be some freebies so we may be able to pass those along to you.

Yeah John it might be difficult figuring out how to distribute the zoas. Also if something went wrong it would be more difficult for you to pass them off to someone. There will likely be some freebies so we may be able to pass those along to you.

Yah I figured as much. I guess I could always be put on the alternate list. I would also have no problem taking them to Miles if something happened. Just figured I would offer. I'm happy just being a part of HEZA!!(rock2)

Yah I figured as much. I guess I could always be put on the alternate list. I would also have no problem taking them to Miles if something happened. Just figured I would offer. I'm happy just being a part of HEZA!!(rock2)

I'm fine with you giving it a shot John. I will put your name on the list. That's right you're not too far from Eugene are you?

One thing to consider is the case of that zoas(s) that just is stubborn and refuses to grow, as in the Speckled PE and the Purple PE from the 2nd grow outs. It has been over a year and the polyp count is about 15% of where it needs to be-(laugh)

I hope none of these end up that way but if one or more does we should think about doing some type of drawing for the slow grower and end it all

It should not be an issue since the # of participants is low but worth considering.

I'd like to thank you for all the recognition you gave me while outlining the rules-(rock2)

I can be one if needed. I think the rules look good BTW.

Dont want to sound like a jerk or anything but if we have anybody here that has been a grower in the past but has had issues giving updates I dont want them to be growers in this growout.

I don't wanna grow but i'll be a backup for John if he's growing.

Great job on the rules Kim

Okay Miles, I have you down as a backup. Let me know if you change your mind. As far as the rules, I'm glad you agree. If anyone has any objections or changes let me know. These are just issues that have come up previously.

I wouldnt mind being a grower. I dont have a ton of experience but I maintain my tank meticulously and never leave town. I have 5 or 6 different types of zooas currently everything from purples to black hole suns, bam bams, blow pops, tubs blues etc and I focus feed them and they grow like crazy and ive never lost any yet. That being said I would consider myself a neewbie but I would like to give it a shot. I am within 15 minutes of Garrett and am there frequently if something happened and I needed bailed out. I would never attemp to frag them but I could grow them and take plenty of pics with my DSLR. Even if its the freebies your guys choice. I will have no hard feelings either way honestly. Let me Know ...

Cory Hill

Kim since you will be running the show I am sure all will be good-if you need another grower I am happy to throw my name in the ring of growers to be voted on.

I think all the slow growing zoas came from Bay Corals, but their have been a few slow ones in the CB7- I say think about that drawing/raffle in the event of a slow grower-its 90% of the reason I bailed on the other growouts-

After having somethin in your tank for over a year and it being at 15% of the numbers needed-well...........you get the idea

Okay Cory I will put you on the grower wannabe list and Brad I hear you about the slow growers but figure we can cross that bridge later.

I think there will be enough things that people who want to give it a try can be a grower.

Kim since you will be running the show I am sure all will be good-if you need another grower I am happy to throw my name in the ring of growers to be voted on.

I think all the slow growing zoas came from Bay Corals, but their have been a few slow ones in the CB7- I say think about that drawing/raffle in the event of a slow grower-its 90% of the reason I bailed on the other growouts-

After having somethin in your tank for over a year and it being at 15% of the numbers needed-well...........you get the idea

pateince, young paddywon. reefing is where nothing good happens fast(laugh)

pateince' date=' young paddywon. reefing is where nothing good happens fast(laugh)[/quote']

Hey have you watched Workaholics on Comedy Central? There was a guy on the show named Topher. He was super cool, except he liked little boys 10-12 yrs old. You'd have to see the episode it was hilarious.

edit: I'm not saying you are like him or anything like that, I just watched it last night and you have the same screen name as the character in the show.

Archived