Don't let your parents take over your tank

icel

Who puts plastic plants in a saltwater aquarium? You can see the bottom part of one floating in the top left just under the mag cleaner.

When i bought my very first setup the person previously had a few plastic plants in it as well. She also only had about 25lbs of live rock in a 75 gallon tank...DOH! Oh the things you learn about the hobby when you go all in..

I'm sure the plants got covered with nasty slime and algae so the parents threw them out rather than cleaning them. Just grow some real macro. Its not very hard to do and is even cheaper than fake plants. The LFS I go to just gives them to me free. My question is how many fish did you lose? Looks like fish population has been dramatically reduced by the parents.

Whoops, looks like people are confused. The first picture is from when my parents took care of the tank, second is where I "fixed" it. (still needs a lot of work though)

The macro algae used to cover one of the rocks, but I have an emerald crab that has basically been making it near extinct in my tank in the month it's been in there.

Now they just need to get you some metal halides ;-)

Putting an order in for my LEDs next week. :)

My question is how many fish did you lose? Looks like fish population has been dramatically reduced by the parents.

Only the firefish died (got mauled by something in the tank), and the Tomato clown was traded for the ocellaris. The rest of the fish are still in the tank, though it's kind of hard to see

Archived