Protien skimmers

tanktop74

he new Powercone series from ATI

Unfortunately not ready yet... been following the thread on RC about them and ALOT of the early purchasers over in Europe are extremely UNimpressed by them (parts breaking easily and pumps failing)

They are gonna be both too small for your growing sps population....... You are looking for something that is able to pull at least 1000lph or air.

1 SCFH is about 28.33 LPH

so doesn't that make the BB 3000 ratings 1556 LPH?

local warranty beats International shipments for unlikely repairs-just thinking out loud.....

I've read about some problems on reefitalia too, but as for the performance all the people who tried it were impressed. I saw one running a week ago and the amount of air pulled was huge. No idea if it is gonna perform like that after a few months thoug.

I'm sure they will correct all the issues before to hit our market.

There are about 2 millions of people in the hobby, half of it living in the US. I suppose they are waiting to have it running well before to sell it.

1 SCFH is about 28.33 LPH

so doesn't that make the BB 3000 ratings 1556 LPH?

local warranty beats International shipments for unlikely repairs-just thinking out loud.....

That's correct. The BB 3000 it's a better fit for Beth's tank.

When I said they were small, I was referring to the 2 that Beth was listing.

The second you Brad listed is a good fit in my opinion. Well, if you don't mind the noise :)

It has arrived!!

I must say I am very pleased with the customer service at Reef Specialty. I talked with Mike and decided on this skimmer, ordered it Monday late Morning, it shipped same day and was on my front porch this afternoon!!!(clap)

Here is the beast put together and sitting in my chair!!

DSC08942ARW.jpg

It was super easy to put together.... then had to take it apart to get it in the sump and then put it back together again!

As you can see, it takes up most of my sump! This thing is a monster!!!(naughty)

5b40c1d2.jpg

Here is the what it was already skimming right after turning it on... they said 3-4 week break in period... ya right! LOL

472da18e.jpg

And here is the skimmate I was getting after about 30 min after setting it up!

45ffac1e.jpg

I am now saving up for a new sump... as you can see this one is now packed!

I would like to thank all those that gave me input and suggestions! I really appreciate the knowledge we have here on this forum!!

Beth

ps I will keep you all updated as to how it skims through the "Break in period!"

If i understand the questions correctly... The pump is attached to the skimmer body with a union' date=' it is just to the right of the skimmer in the above pics.[/quote']

Sorry I meant how loud is it :)

Nice Skimmer Beth-congrats.

The pick you pposted after 30 minutes looks like its skimming a little wet, granted that was yesterday and I am sure prior to all the fine tuning-These skimmers are awesome, I cant believe the build up I get out of mine every week-I have NEVER had a skimmer works as well, and I wont bash the names of the ones I have tried-A lot of people here may have them-(scary)

If only they new-(whistle)

Nice Skimmer Beth-congrats.

The pick you pposted after 30 minutes looks like its skimming a little wet, granted that was yesterday and I am sure prior to all the fine tuning-These skimmers are awesome, I cant believe the build up I get out of mine every week-I have NEVER had a skimmer works as well, and I wont bash the names of the ones I have tried-A lot of people here may have them-(scary)

If only they new-(whistle)

Yep, it skimming a little on the wet side, still in the break in period... Fine tuning I still!

Can't wait till it pulls out tons of crap!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived