April Chalice group buy! Davy Jones! Five times the fun!Support your local fish store

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

OK maybe a better approach...

How are people going about trying to "color up" their frags? High light, low light, lots of feeding, additives? Whats the game plan?

I've got "shipwrecked goblins" thats got a lot of blue, but alien invasion and mint mocha continue to have the purplish/brown with green eyes.

Chris a lot of it depends on lighting it seems. Some of my zoas lost a little color because my VHOs were overdue to be changed but now I am hopeful I will start getting things to color up more. What is interesting is it can sometimes take months and months. It also seems that many of my chalices like low light but some do better in higher light.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a pic of mine taken. I believe mint mocha is in the background and alien invasion is in front. Lighting is 175W 20k artemis with VHO actinics. picture is overexposed a bit (too bright). I used a cannon powershot with the macro setting but I'm not sure if i can speed up the shutter manually.

IMG_3738.jpg

Archived