SKIMMER HELP!!!

Michael7979

Mike,

If you have a sedra 5000 then a sedra 12000 is going to be way to much pump for your skimmer. I had a sedra 3500 on my euroreef 6-2 skimmer and swapped it out for a sicce. I love the sicce pump compared to the sedra, it out skims the sedra, was cheaper, and draws less power.

Mike,

If you have a sedra 5000 then a sedra 12000 is going to be way to much pump for your skimmer. I had a sedra 3500 on my euroreef 6-2 skimmer and swapped it out for a sicce. I love the sicce pump compared to the sedra, it out skims the sedra, was cheaper, and draws less power.

Yeah that what I was thinking too.

So Dave with the Sicce pump do they have a convertion chart or do you know what pump might be comparible to the Sedra 5000?

I have a sedra 5000.Is your impeller still good? It needs one

No idea Bob all I really know is it is old. I got it restarted last night and it is still running.

I had to smack it on the oppisite end of the volute (sp.) to get it to restart. Which makes me think it is going bad.

If I can get Franklins pump up here I'll put that impeller in my pump and see what happens. If it takes off I'll assume my impeller is shot!

I'll put my impeller in Franklins pump too and test that also. If it doesn't work I'll know its the motor.

Ok here is more info for you to consider....

When it stopped working I got it to work again by smacking the end of it, (opposite the volute). Imagine giving your pump a spanking!! :) (gavel) (fishhit)

So do you think that means the impeller is shot and it is not sitting in the pump correctly? Or do you think the motors shot?

Archived