"Give-Away" Table at May Meeting? Poll

oxx155

"Give-Away" Table at May Meeting? Poll  

1. 1.

• I think its a great idea! I might bring something.
    • It sounds tacky. I don't like it.
    • Sounds alright, but I am not interested.

I was thinking that we all probably have some gear, parts, food, supplements, etc. sitting around that we may never end up using or possibly throwing away.

In an effort to Spring Clean and possibly help someone else out I was thinking that we could put up a table for "Free" items and hope that someone or everyone finds something they can use.

What does everyone think?

Sounds like a great idea to me. What is the plan for the left overs? I would hate to have you fork the bill of tossing the stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I think we limit it to one or two items per person till the end of the meeting and everything left is fair game for everyone. Anything left could be donated to the School Project I keep hearing about or some other aquarium type charity. Does anyone have any connections like that?

I'm interested in having a LARGE scheduled member type frag swap. And the table is a good idea.

I will have a tank of fresh salt water, bags, and holding tanks available. I am not sure there will be a whole lot of time to do an organized swap, but I am leaving it open for others to setup ahead of time.

I've got a couple buckets of spare parts, pump parts, impellers etc. Someone smarter than me could probably build another aquarium out of them...

I was thinking of a Saturday afternoon--a frag swap/sale and an/swap aquarium garage sale...

Come to think of it, I have 4 tanks I could sell...

DrMerle

I've got a couple buckets of spare parts, pump parts, impellers etc. Someone smarter than me could probably build another aquarium out of them...

I was thinking of a Saturday afternoon--a frag swap/sale and an/swap aquarium garage sale...

Come to think of it, I have 4 tanks I could sell...

DrMerle

How about setting up a "May Meeting Classifieds" section and people could buy/sell stuff through there and plan on picking up and paying for the stuff at the meeting. It would be much more organized then trying to do something at the meeting or the day before, you would probably reach more people on here also.

Just my thought.

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to remind everyone about the Give-Away table and hopefully it will be a good turnout and run smoothly. I am sure it will make many people's day to see something they really need but can't find or afford.

Archived