Ride Share for tidepool collecting during minus tides in the future.

The Rally point for the meeting in the morning on Sunday July 3rd will be the Safeway parking off of 185th is nice and open and lit at that time of the moring.

There is also a gas station, Jack in the Box and a Sharis there in case we want to get anything before we leave.

Address for Safeway is:

2177 Northwest 185th., Hillsboro, OR

From there we can all carpool in my Jeep, I have room for me plus 3, and a trailer to haul any gear you want to bring.

All you need to do is contribute on gas to whoever you ride with so it all evens out for everyone :D

Forgot to put this in the above post,

We will be departing from the rally point at 4 am.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You go through the tunnel to the beach on the other side? Low tide is at 8:30ish so you going to be there about 7:30ish? I'll definatly be there!! I think Saturday I'm going to go and collect a bunch of Muscles to have for dinner!! Did that a couple monthes ago when there, Sooooo freaken good!!!

You go through the tunnel to the beach on the other side? Low tide is at 8:30ish so you going to be there about 7:30ish? I'll definatly be there!! I think Saturday I'm going to go and collect a bunch of Muscles to have for dinner!! Did that a couple monthes ago when there' date=' Sooooo freaken good!!![/quote']

We'll be there around 5:30 am and take the tunnel through to the other side if the tide is too high still when we get there.

That should give us a good 3 hours of outgoing tide before it minus' out at -1.3 around 8:49 am.

After that we'll gather up everything, sort through what we want to take home, and then probably go check out a couple spots I have been wanting to see that are further up from there.

Lol, no secret :D Its the same guy that filmed my tank.

His name is Boyd, he actually brought up the idea of filming one of these trips awhile back. He's doing it mostly for fun, but I may use some of his footage evetually. He has some really cool equipment, stuff like pole cams, and the waterproof go-pro cameras. He wants to shoot some really close up stuff with macro lenses in the tidepools also.

That sounds cool. Wonder if he can school me in using the water proof cam. Cause I am totally convinced that I will be fully in the water this trip. Would be cool to film inside that moon pool thing. I plan on bringing mask and snorkle as I finally found mine. I will be searching for that darn surf smelt that got away... I wont be out your way tonight. But will give you a ring for sure. I am gonna make some buckets with large holes in them(with screens over them) so there is flow but nothing gets out. I will also be working on the "slup guns" for us to try and suck things up with. I am excited for another trip...

So how was the trip? Sorry I wasn't able to make it, was nursing a hangover. Had only eaten breakfast Sat. and thought is would be a good idea to do 7 shots of rum (Kracken) in about 10 min. was a great night but woke up thismorning feeling the aftermath!! I did make it out to the tidepools in Pacific City Sat morning though and it was so low!! Saw lots of new things!!! Found a clump of about 6 red tube worms/ fether duster type things, plus allot of sponges and such. Was very cool!!! I'm really wanting to set up a coldwater!!!!

It was freaking awesome :D

It was the lowest we have seen it out there this year, and there was a ton of sand that had been washed in with the high tides so we had a lot more mobility.

The filming was a lot of fun, and I think it'll turn out even better than I had imagined.

There was a ton of people down on the beach by the time we were packing up, and we kind of drew a crowd which was pretty cool :D

This will probably be the last trip we make until this fall when the tides get really low again.

So on my way home yesterday, about 23 miles outside of Tillamook in BFE with no cell reception, one of the tires on the trailer blew out.(flame)

So I loaded everything into the Jeep, pulled the trailer onto the side of the road and just kept going. Everything made it into the tanks alive, and my insurance is going to cover the cost of the tow truck that picked it up and brought it home for me.

What a day.

Holy cow the day ended in a weird way. To weird your wife caught us just as we were leaving. Glad I was able to get josh to his in laws. Glad insurance will cover the tow on the trailer. But I still had a lot of fun. Glad the film crew did not see everything go sideways lol...