Pictures from the Meeting!

Emerald525

That was a great meeting, even with a migraine. And we got donations to Reefer Dan and I sent what I made off the culture stuff plus the chunk I was already going to send to Doctors w/o Borders, which I had been procrastinating on sending. I like this idea, thinking of doing a raffle next meeting of frags for local charities helping those who have not been so lucky through the recession... might also be good to do one at some point for an organization that promotes a balanced approach to harvesting marine fish for the food and pet trade.

Awesome getting to try all these Reef Nutrition and Reed products! Have wanted to for some time. You guys should all eat that macro feast! Beats the hell out of Cheetos or fast food nutritionally...

I will probably have rotifers and copepods for anyone who wants them for at least the next year so keep that in mind if you get inspired to try breeding something. I actually did raise peppermints to settlement using 4 glass gallon jars, a green plastic rubbermaid container, a heater, 4 airstones and related hose stuff, and some yarn. Total investment about 8 bucks. I don't recommend my method as it was a PITA and only got about a dozen shrimp out of 2 months work, but it was fun.

I was asked about doing a meeting but my house is extremely small, and 50 people would probably be a lot. Maybe in summer when we can sit outside? I noticed when we were house hunting my husband seemed to most dislike any house with a large open basement suitable for a fishroom, and so I have this small one with random closets all over the place. Thus I have tanks in closets, which is great for heating their space, but not so good for visitors. Also it is poorly wired so that if you touch any lights with your shoes off you get a shock. Hoping to hire Dave to come work on that minor issue. (:

Kate

Thank you for the meeting. Mr. Pedersen was a class act, the passion this man exudes is contagious. Thank you for bringing him out.

Shane, thank you for securing the location and allowing the use of the facilities.

Michael and Roy, pleasure meeting you both.

Kim, I was really trying to stay incognito in the back :) Thanks for corals.

Mr. Durr, Mr. Fisher and Mr. Reed, thank you for your donations.

Nappy

I think Kim and Beth should be banned from all raffles! (plotting)(laugh)

LOL hey now! We had a strategy.(plotting)(laugh) Besides you did pretty well yourself!

It's not me that's lucky it's Beth! I refused to touch any of the raffle tickets...(laugh)

Oh and by the way my Bangaii's spawned today also :)

That's awesome. After hearing what Matt said about them the more we can breed the better.

Thank you for the meeting. Mr. Pedersen was a class act, the passion this man exudes is contagious. Thank you for bringing him out.

Shane, thank you for securing the location and allowing the use of the facilities.

Nappy

Nappy I know you were trying to avoid the spotlight! (laugh)I tried to get several people when they weren't paying attention. Madmike was the only one to notice so I missed a picture of him. I think Rick got one though of you Mike!(laugh)

Nappy

X2, Plus it was just sooo cool being able to hang with some of the big dogs of the industry like that!

Totally my bad on the book having missing pages - I snag those whenever I can find them and never noticed it when going through it...would've chewed out the vendor I got it from given I always by them in "Good" to "Excellent" condition - missing pages isn't in either category. David pointed it out the night before as he thumbed through them - wouldn't have brought that copy at all had I known! Thankfully they're photograph pages...the "info" in the book appeared intact!

Was a great meeting, a great facility (and great images too photogs!)- thank you all for having me come out! Again, I can't thank Reef Nutrition and Piscene Energetics enough for the contributions they made to this mini-event - I'm no paid shill...these guys make exceptional products and on top of that, they give back more to the hobby that most of you will ever know. It's definitely in your best interests to patronize these guys and use their products...good for your tanks, and good for the hobby!

Matt

• Like 1

You probably know about this guy since he bred lawnmower blennies but if not check his fishroom out... scroll to the bottom. Looking at his tanks I totally redid my freshwater last week. Yes, right before you came over (:

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=3757&utm_source=PFK_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=March_25_2011&utm_term=Your_tanks:_Slobodan_Lazaveric,_part_two&utm_content=html

If you can't view that, google Slobodan Lazarevic he has a website and has been tank of the month in a couple forums.

Here is his website, and if you scroll to the bottom... now that's a fishroom! The link at the top to "aquascaping" is the freshwater side of the site.

http://www.akvaristikayu.com/Octopus%20aquascaping/Reef%20dream%20.htm

Note: Practical Fishkeeping misspelled his name.

2nd note: I am an unemployed typist, proofreader and editor. Interested in being of use to the aquarium hobby's publishing branch. Just in case you hear anything (:

Kate

Totally my bad on the book having missing pages - I snag those whenever I can find them and never noticed it when going through it...would've chewed out the vendor I got it from given I always by them in "Good" to "Excellent" condition - missing pages isn't in either category. David pointed it out the night before as he thumbed through them - wouldn't have brought that copy at all had I known! Thankfully they're photograph pages...the "info" in the book appeared intact!

Was a great meeting, a great facility (and great images too photogs!)- thank you all for having me come out! Again, I can't thank Reef Nutrition and Piscene Energetics enough for the contributions they made to this mini-event - I'm no paid shill...these guys make exceptional products and on top of that, they give back more to the hobby that most of you will ever know. It's definitely in your best interests to patronize these guys and use their products...good for your tanks, and good for the hobby!

Matt

Was great having you at the meeting Matt. No problem about the missing pages. It's still a great book and we were excited to get it. I also loved the signature. (laugh) I agree I love Reef Nutrition products and use them all the time which is why we had a majority of our tickets in that bag. I also use PE mysis all the time which is why we bought 60 dollars worth of raffle tickets to get the 3 PE mysis packs.