Getting tired of paying Comcast is there a better choice?

Randy-S

I got a email a couple months back and it said { get all the cable ch. and lots more for 15 dollors a month } so I check it out and it is true and it works. you use your comp. and buy a interface that will allow you to use you tv as a monitor then you pay 15.00 dollars a month for the internet site. I ask my son about this site and the hook up. He said that it is for real he has hook up the systems for other people and it works good and has a very good picture. My son is a eletronic GEEK. he used to work for radio shack but now works at wal-mart in the ele. dept. and does there in stores video set up. With the price of cable I also thought about going this route.

Hmm... not sure if Netflix counts.. when was the last time you watch a BCS or NFL or now MBA Playoff on Netflix.

Randy, I feel your pain. I'm in the same box, except for the same price, I'm getting all the channels, but do want to get off Comcast. I have 5 HD TVs and 2 SD TVs and 2 HD box because I'm not about to pay for 4 more boxes at $15/month each. I looked into it, and was hoping that I don't need a box for every TV.

I looked into Dish and DirecTV to see if I can share cable boxes between TV. Although you can, the only signal that you will get on the other TVs is SD signal and only HD signal at the TV that is hooked to the box. If you are looking for 1:1 comparison, Dish will be cheaper, but also have to look at the channel line ups. Dish does not provide FSN as far as I saw on their channel listing. But DirecTV does, but I believe it cost about the same at Comcast or a little less at the end.

I'm waiting for Dish or DirecTV to change their box so they can modulate the HD signal through the coax cable to other TVs in 1080i or 720p.

let me know what you decide. Might just have to do what you do. :)

Maybe it was direct that didn't have it. Maybe they both have it now. Have to look into both again. But do want to get off comcast some how.

The only drawback of Directv now is that it still doesn't have CSNNW. Which means no blazer games. I've been with directv for over 2 years now and have been very happy with the picture. The other issue I guess I have is that they haven't added many hd channels in the past few years. They were the leader at the time and now Comcast seems to have more HD selection. I'm giving both a call today to see what I'm going to end up doing since I'm out of contract with both companies.

Nobody can get CSNNW without having Comcast.

They are asking an exsorbented (sp.) amount to let other services broadcast that channel. I have read/heard that it would add up to $6.00 a month to your bill for that ONE channel!! [language filter]!!! You can add another 50 channels on DISH for $10.00 a month or something like that! They are just holding everyone hostage hoping that the other companies will finally give in and pay up!

WOW! I just got off the phone with Comcast and Directv. Crazy! Directv gave me an extra $20 off my bill just because. I didn't ask for it she just gave it to me for the next six months. Comcast on the other hand is charging me $80 for just internet and won't set me up with a discount. He suggested I call back and talk to the cancelation department. Just seems silly to have to play games with them. I was considering switching to DSL but found out that 1.5mbs is all that is avaliable at my house. That's just not going to cut it when your on a 20 mbs plan at the moment.

WOW! I just got off the phone with Comcast and Directv. Crazy! Directv gave me an extra $20 off my bill just because. I didn't ask for it she just gave it to me for the next six months. Comcast on the other hand is charging me $80 for just internet and won't set me up with a discount. He suggested I call back and talk to the cancelation department. Just seems silly to have to play games with them. I was considering switching to DSL but found out that 1.5mbs is all that is avaliable at my house. That's just not going to cut it when your on a 20 mbs plan at the moment.

Have you looked into Clear for your internet?