Getting tired of paying Comcast is there a better choice?

Randy-S

I currently have comcast triple play with HD and DVR and it runs me 180 per month and that is without any premium movie channels.(nutty)

I know I can call them and threaten to cancel and get it lowered to about 150 per month for 6 months then I have to call and repeat.DOH!

I am just tired of doing that is there a better option for TV internet? The sad thing is we dont even use the phone.....

let me know your thoughts

I had the exact same setup. Was w/ comcast for years. Switched to Frontier and now I have higher speed internet (25/up 25/down) a better picture and a DVR for $98.00/month. I also have all HD (channels, box, etc) Works out really well. Very happy.

Dennis

Hey Randy don't know if this is what you want to do but I have been very happy using Dish Network for TV and Clear for internet for the last 2 years. And I'm paying about $50.00 less then you now for the packages I have. Might be worth looking into it, since Dish is giving free HD for life still, ( I think). Which I pay for.

Randy....I think you're stuck....just like me. I want live TV, news channels, etc.....so, it's Comcast , Dish, or Direct TV. Beware of Frontier, they're probably surrendering to Comcast (in fact, their install fee was just raised to $500). I just upgraded to triple play. Mine is 149/mo and I get Starz, HBO, and Showtime......price fixed for 2 years. Of course, my whole business still revolves around a fax line, so, it's worth it for me.

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2011/01/frontier_plans_massive_fios_ca.html

http://www.telecompetitor.com/frontier-wants-out-of-fios-tv-quickly/

Randy....I think you're stuck....just like me. I want live TV' date=' news channels, etc.....so, it's Comcast , Dish, or Direct TV. Beware of Frontier, they're probably surrendering to Comcast (in fact, their install fee was just raised to $500). I just upgraded to triple play. Mine is 149/mo and I get Starz, HBO, and Showtime......price fixed for 2 years. Of course, my whole business still revolves around a fax line, so, it's worth it for me.[/quote']

+1. Although I dont have phone line and I only pay like 88$ tops for HD/DVR cable with showtime, stars, and hbo free. And the fastest internet. Only pay like 89$ per month.

Comcast is best. I wont get dish ever again. When I had it, every time it was rainy and windy it would blur or go out all together. The one time you want to watch tv you cant. They said I had 80+% signal too. Never again

+1. Although I dont have phone line and I only pay like 88$ tops for HD/DVR cable with showtime, stars, and hbo free. And the fastest internet. Only pay like 89$ per month.

Comcast is best. I wont get dish ever again. When I had it, every time it was rainy and windy it would blur or go out all together. The one time you want to watch tv you cant. They said I had 80+% signal too. Never again

Sounds like you had a poor dish install or a bad LNB - I would never trust Dish or Directv installers - find a 3rd party and pay them to install the dish and run the cables - worth every penny. The only time I get signal drop out with Directv is when ice accumulates on the dish but a supersoaker filled with de-icer from the upstairs bedroom window has been known to work well.

we too dislike the comcast we have. our home is already wired and ready for frontier, the box and all the equipment is mounted in my garage. but to have them come out and flip a switch or whatever it is they do....is, like steve said, FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. ridiculous. i already have everything! there is no way they will be able to compete with comcast with such prohibitive pricing. so....im stuck with comcast as well.

I make my girlfriend make the call...I am taken as aggressive sometimes using the cancel technique. You can also explain that you have been on time every month, that is usually how they make their final decision. Also, there is the name switch, I had it in her name, we saw that they had new pricing, so I said I just moved in and they brought all new equipment. I have also just flat out told them the games we can play to get around it and they always fold.

I also don't like you have to request new equipment. (boxes/modems) I went to a friends house once and he got the same package I got installed 6 months earlier and it was way better/newer. One call gets it all. HAHA

I have comcast also, TV with all HD channels, HBO, Starz, Cinemax, internet and a phone line that I don't use. I pay 130 a month. I don't mind calling to get it reduced every 6m, its only 2 calls a year and it never takes longer than 10min. 20m of my time each year is surely worth the $500-$600 I save each year doing it.

I would pay more for comcast too. I love getting all the Duck and Blazer games in HD.

I have comcast, all three, phone cable and internet, bundled together plus I have netflix, no pay channels (HBO SHOWTIME), I have 2 HD/DVR boxes and only pay $120 a month plus the $7 for netflix, and I'm quite happy with it. Internet is fast, T.V. looks great and well phone works, cool thing is the caller ID shows up on T.V. screen so I don't halfto get my lazy a$$ off the couch to see who it is.