My New Clowns From RCA

nyoder23

Those look to be Picasso's man' date=' or possibly Platinums, I get those 2 confused all the time, either way, they probably, and I stress that probably in the hopes that Barelycuda will chime in with his expert opinion, not get too much more in the way of black.[/quote']

They are shmocasso's ;)

They are picasso's or shmowcasso's as Nick likes to call them. They will blacken up as time goes on. The parents are beautiful IMO as they are in tank #5 in the clownhouse :) Mick has seen them. It will take some time. IF you have been to Westside and seen the pair in Tim's show tank they looked about the same as yours now. I delivered them to him right about a year ago. Since they are a percula variant they are a little slow to grow. One of the best foods you can give them to color them up is cyclopeeze. It is high in anthaxsine (i know I didn't spell that correctly) and will bring out their color the fastest.

I'll find you a pic of the broodstock so yo can see what they should darken up to.

I was too busy drooling over Dave's pair of Darwins LOL But, I will say this, when we got our pair of Darwins from Dave about a year ago, well, 10 months give or take LOL they had the black body, but orange noses, 10 months later and our female is almost completely black and white, and the male is very very close.

I remember those now LOL They are nice' date=' but I still prefer my Darwins :P[/quote']

To each his own Mick :) The Darwin black & whites are a little slow to finish their development of complete black but to me they are one of my favorites also. Even if my female draws blood.....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...