What happened to KUFO

rgrcrain

The quality on most rips sucks ***. If you have a high quality stereo as I do you can tell your listening to an mp3. Ipods still suck. I have better things to do than find pirated music and make a playlist and deal with itunes hogging most system resources.

Few hundred bucks plus a buck a song made by greedy apple. No thanks.

$0 per song if you use Vuze bit torrent. You don't even have to make an account or register anything, just download to your heart's content (rock2)

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

I love Pandora(clap)(clap) except now it has commercials on it. I also love the "crappy" 105.1 and Z100 (rock2)(rock2)

Yeah top 40! (clap) I like the same music as my 13 year old stepdaughter!(laugh)(rock2)

Yeah lady Gaga! Yeah 80's music!(rock2) Yeah a little bit of rock!(rock2) Hurray! dance music! Yeah Pink Martini! Hurray Sheryl Crow! Just please no country music(nono) now that stuff is crap...:p

And I'm not losing any sleep knowing that KUFO is gone as I never knew it existed...(laugh)

Just please no country music(nono) now that stuff is crap...:p

For someone who's fav team is the cowgir...opps cowboys I find this statement kind of amazing..lol

I like my ipod and I dont mind paying an artist for their work, weather it be paying for a CD or a $1 for the only song I like on an entire CD.

For someone who's fav team is the cowgir...opps cowboys I find this statement kind of amazing..lol

I like my ipod and I dont mind paying an artist for their work, weather it be paying for a CD or a $1 for the only song I like on an entire CD.

Last time I checked acquiring a taste for twangy whiny music were not requirements to live in Texas or be a Cowboys fan rofl I love my IPOD too! (rock2)

Last time I checked acquiring a taste for twangy whiny music were not requirements to live in Texas or be a Cowboys fan rofl I love my IPOD too! (rock2)

Twang! lol

Yeah I can't hang with the twang eigther but modern country aint too bad. I pretty much listen to everything...I am actually listening to Claude Debussy right now and before lunch I was listening to Ministry..lol

The quality on most rips sucks ***. If you have a high quality stereo as I do you can tell your listening to an mp3. Ipods still suck. I have better things to do than find pirated music and make a playlist and deal with itunes hogging most system resources.

I still buy 90% of my music on physical discs and then rip to FLAC which is a lossless format. I have a number of Squeezebox devices around the house attached to powered speakers and my home theater setup. The Squeezebox units use high quality 24 bit DAC and they pull any of my music off a older PC running the Squeezebox server software. Frankly it's pretty [language filter] hard to hear any quality drop off from just playing my physical discs and I never have to touch a disc after it's ripped.

As for Apple being "greedy" you do know that they only license the music so they are very limited in the pricing. Steve Jobs actually fought quite hard for the original .99 / song pricing which was a HUGE change not only in terms of price but also not having to but an entire album at a time. Another myth is that DRM was Apple's decision - Apple was forced by the recording industry to implement a DRM scheme in order to be able to sell it through the iTunes store. Apple was able to use it's market size later to exchange dropping DRM and letting the industry choose variable pricing for individual songs (I think its .69 / .99 / 1.29 now). In terms of hardware there are very few units that beat the iPod line for build and sound quality in a portable device. The sound quality from my iPhone is pretty [language filter] good.

Yeah that greedy Apple.

Maybe we can go back to the time where it cost .99 cents for a 45 rpm single that you had to buy at the local record store. I sure miss those days where I had to walk, in the rain, uphill both ways, to the record store and come home to try and play the Frigid Pink version of The House of the Rising Sun on my expensive mono record player, only to realize that the last little doo-hickey that you put in the big hole so it would fit on the little spindle was broke or lost. And if I wanted to go over to my friends house to listen to Sugar, Sugar and a bunch of other hits, I had to lug 5 pounds of vinyl down the street. That's MUCH better than dowloading a song for .99 cents in the comfort of my own home and be able to take my own personal radio station (Literally. Some ipods can hold 40,000 songs) with me anywhere I want to go. Yeah, that greedy Apple. I sure miss those good ol' days.

Been a long time since I Rock and Roll.... Rock is Dead....Long Live Rock....

I love the ipod in my iphone, hate the iphone hate itunes. I use Sharepod to transfer music to my ipod works great. Can't wait until September so i can ditch the iphone for good!! I'll never own an Apple product again.

My new truck has XM satallite radio, or is it Sirius now? Either way, its ok but i'm not going to pay for it after the trial period. It cuts out all the time, and its difficult to find a station that plays songs you like. Usually its 1 or 2 songs you like mixed in with 15 you have never heard of or don't like.

I called to cancel my wife's subscription to XM & the lady asked why I was canceling, I told her I did not feel it was worth what they were charging a year. She said if we offer you 5 months for $25.00(vs like $157.00 a year) will you keep it for 5 mos? I said yes, but expect a call in 5 months. She said by all means call back & see what we will do for you "we don't want to lose customers" I said, talk to you in July.