Noob Zoa Growout Contest Begins!!!

Mine was not in high flow as the tank I put zoas in is a much lower flow than the sps tank and yes I look at it daily. 2 blew off Wednesday. Yesterday another one was coming loose off the plug but when I tried to take it out it blew away. I was afraid that would happen as it was in the bottom of my tank and the plug it is on is hard to get. Jose happened to be there when it happened LOL.

We moved it to the frag tank that has even less flow. I'm not worried about it. One less thing to try to keep track of and more chances for other people to win LOL.

The boogeyman chalice is doing okay. I can post a picture later. It looks like it receded quite a bit Jesse but I'm hoping it will come back.

Thanks again for taking the chalice.

Mine was not in high flow as the tank I put zoas in is a much lower flow than the sps tank and yes I look at it daily. 2 blew off Wednesday. Yesterday another one was coming loose off the plug but when I tried to take it out it blew away. I was afraid that would happen as it was in the bottom of my tank and the plug it is on is hard to get. Jose happened to be there when it happened LOL.

We moved it to the frag tank that has even less flow. I'm not worried about it. One less thing to try to keep track of and more chances for other people to win LOL.

The boogeyman chalice is doing okay. I can post a picture later. It looks like it receded quite a bit Jesse but I'm hoping it will come back.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I had 4 polyps blow away last week and I was down to 1, but then I managed to find 2 of the floaters and re-glue them. Well just today I noticed that 1 of those now blew off so I now have 2 left on the plug. One of my floaters I found in a corner but it is wedged between a rock and the glass and I am unable to get to it. Oh well. I just hope I can finish with at least one left!

Sorry for the crappy pic...I didn't feel like reaching in the tank to move the frag

2 Polyps left

IMG_2505.jpg

hmmmmm (scratch) Maybe we should call this contest the Blowout competition...(laugh)

First prize goes to the person who can actually retain all of their polyps on the plug!(clap)(laugh)

Very nice-please take good care of my prize then-(whistle)

FWIW-mine were a little "loose" when I grabbed them (scary) so I reinforced them that day with a good amunt od SG gel

I HATE zoas-(flame)

Gawf4fun contest update for April 4th

I lost one of my original polyps when I put it into my 180 gallon tanks so I started with 4. My 180 has mega flow, so based on reported losses by others, I've transferred my contest entry to my office aquapod. Specs for the new tank: 24 gallon with Tunze Doc 9002 skimmer, 150 watt Coralife pendant with SPS 20k bulb and Tunze 6025 powerhead. Pics:

april4noobsgrowout4polys2.jpg

april4noobsgrowout4polys1.jpg

I wish everybody luck in a) keeping their polyps attached and b) multiplying (clap)

• 4 weeks later...
I"ve decided to opt out (nutty) just thought I would post it up so you did not think I was slacking on the updates(whistle)

Good luck everyone-(clap)

Hey at this rate even if my zoas don't grow I will win the acans!!! Sweet!!

Sorry your bowing out Brad but thanks for letting us know.

Gawf4fun May photo update

So I am leaving on a business trip tomorrow and won't be back until thursday so I'm posting my update as required. I now have 7 polyps and two little nubs. Here are the photos. Sorry about the bad pictures.

April30thnoobsgrowout7polyps.jpg

april30thnoobsgrowout7polyps2.jpg

Continued good luck to all who are still in it to win it!