My new Potters and Cherub angels

impur

Picked these guys up from Garrett over the weekend. I originally went to get one of the hawaiian Flame angels but just couldn't get over how awesome the Potters looked. The Cherub was just following him all around the tank so i couldn't take the little guys buddy and not him! I just hope the Cherub doesn't nip corals, but it was in a tank with corals and wasn't picking at any of them so keeping fingers crossed.

I've got them in a 10gal tank with a 50w heater and HOB aquaclear filter. I plan to observe for the 1st week, then saturday i will begin cupramine and prazipro. I will treat for 14 days, then observe for another week before they go into the cube. Its a tough process cuz all i want to do is see them swimming around in the nice big cube, but I like never having to worry about ich or other diseases with my fish.

100_3480.jpg

100_3475.jpg

100_3473.jpg

100_3474.jpg

100_3478.jpg

100_3484.jpg

Sweet fish buddy! I went out there saturday night and sawl those! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOve the potters!!! and how can you not love that little cherub! Cute little dude! Its so weird how much more vibrant the Hawaii fish are from the Marshal island fish are! I believe Garrett still has another Potters if anyone is looking for a gorgeous Hawaiin fitch! :) Nice scoe my friend!

Looking GREAT Miles!!! Potters are definatley one of the most exquisite fish that you can get for your reef. If they are Hawaiian like this one, not only are they more vibrant and generally healthier but they are much less likely to nip at corals in my experience. The Cherub is such a sweet little fish. I have had many over the years and every one has been reef safe for me. One nipped at coral very very seldom and even then I think he was just trying to get the slime off the coral which was fine by me. Those two are good buds and I am glad they went to such a great home!!!

Thanks for the shout out as well you guys! I have 1 beautiful Potters and 2 great looking flames in as of now. They have been here for about a week now and look quite stunning.

Nice looking fish Miles... I love angelfish but I won't get any more even the "reef safe" ones as I have had to rehome several fish for coral violations a flame angel, hippo tangs, and soon an algae blenny that just will not leave the corals alone.

I can certainly see the rationale for wanting to try.

Yah i'm going to give them a shot before the tank gets full, so i can still catch them if need be. But i'm crossing my fingers there will be no need.

I just got back from Petsmart and picked up an API copper test kit along with a Seachem ammonia badge. This way i can test the concentration of cupramine in the water and also watch ammonia due to lack of any bacteria in the HT.

Miles Reef=Buffet :)

I am pretty sure Patrick at Saltwater Fantaseas has a big fat potter in his display tank...so I know it is doable!

Plus, miles, you have lots of coral to keep the potters well fed ;)

Watch Patricks potter for five minutes and you will have seen him sample every coral in the tank... LOL. Travis has dwarf angles in his display as well, and they are constantly picking at stuff. I think having a large tank with enough coral to spread out the abuse helps a lot.

currently i have a potters and a coral beauty. i've had the potters for 4 years and the coral beauty for almost a year. in the time i've had the potters i've also had a flame and a eibli that had to be removed from the tank because they started nipping corals. I hope both the angels work out for you but i have confidence the potters will be fine.

Madmike said the same thing. He has angels in his 12 foot masterpiece and they do sample the sps but since there is room to roam they don't pick on one coral so they do fine

Angels are fine in a reef if its big enough.... You just have to select corals wisely and not freak out if they nip a little. Healthy corals can stand some nipping, its when things start going down hill that they can stress the corals enough to cause problems. Keep your reef healthy and your fish fat and happy and you will have very few problems!

My tank currently houses a juvi emperator, pair of regal angels, potters, flame, multicolor, multibar, and coral beauty. I hope to add a small true personifer and a pair of wantanabes to the mix soon.

Angels are fine in a reef if its big enough.... You just have to select corals wisely and not freak out if they nip a little. Healthy corals can stand some nipping, its when things start going down hill that they can stress the corals enough to cause problems. Keep your reef healthy and your fish fat and happy and you will have very few problems!

My tank currently houses a juvi emperator, pair of regal angels, potters, flame, multicolor, multibar, and coral beauty. I hope to add a small true personifer and a pair of wantanabes to the mix soon.

Wow i want to come check our your tank sometime (drooler)