March meeting with Matt Pedersen!

stylaster

No you do not have to respond to the evite to attend and you do not have to be a paid member. The more people that attend the better. Here very shortly we will be starting an evite thread that will allow everyone that does not currently receive evites to get on the new list for them. It appears that the database that we are currently using needs to be updated so it will be. There will be some nice stuff to raffle off and I would like to see a large attendance for the meeting.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I spoke with Matt this afternoon. Since there may not be a lot of time after the meeting to chat I am planning on arriving with Matt at 12:00 for anyone that wants to show up early and talk with him. I have also sent out an invitation to Randy Reed to see if he can show up early also. If there is anyone that has ANY type of question regarding phytoplankton, rotifer cultures, copepod cultures, the reef nutrition line of products this may be your chance to ask the owner yourself. I have spent time with Randy in the past and he is a incredibly nice and intelligent person. I personally cannot think of the last time this club had 2 people of this caliber here locally, and especially at the same time and place.....

talking about being a member.. I was a little confused is it monthly or yearly membership?? This is going to be my first meet with you guys' date=' see you there[/quote']

It's a yearly membership but it ends Dec 31 so it is easier to keep track of when everyone's membership lapses. It's not a bad time to be a paid member because the meeting will be free. Here's what was written about it before:

So as of Dec 19th most of everyones memberships will be lapsing. So its time to re-up!! We are going to be doing this a little different though from now on.

Memberships will be raised to $24 for a single and $33 for a family. This is help out with the new server and some other sweet things that are coming soon!

Memberships will be due every January at the start of the year. They will run from Jan 1st to Dec 31st. This will clear up a lot of confusion for everyone.

It will make it easier for me to keep track when everyones membership is due and who has paid. It will also help out our webmaster with updating profiles with member privelages.

There will also be a prorate system in place for members who sign up later in the year. It will look like this-

Single Family

Jan- $24 $33

Feb- $22 $30.25

March- $20 $27.50

April- $18 $24.75

May- $16 $22.00

June-$14 $19.25

July- $12 $16.50

August- $10 $13.75

September- $8 $11.00

October - $6 $8.25

November- $4 $5.50

December-$2 $2.75

Members that signup after September will pay the prorate + the next years membership. So for instance if you signup in October for a single membership you will pay the $6 prorate + the $24 membership to pay for the 1 yr 3 month membership.

The Coast Guard base is located at the very end of Swan Island on North Basin Ave on the left hand side. You can't miss it, it has a big sign out front that says US COAST GUARD Marine Safety Unit. The gate will be open at noon and close at 1330 (1:30 pm) and the gate guard has been instructed to allow ya'll in. After 1330 call my cell @360-931-7611 and I'll see if I can get you in. Once at the gate tell the guard you are with the fish club. Please stop and talk to the guard. If you run him you will end up causing a big stink and end up talking to the police, feds and everyone else so please just pull up and say I am with the fish club and I am here for the meeting and wait for him to wave you through..

Parking is just past the flag pole to your right. Once you exit the vehicle walk back to the flag pole and walk between the two buildings. The entrance is all the way down and last door of the building on your right. Walk in and training room is the immediate left. Hopefully I can get signs or at least someone standing on the curb pointing the the general direction. Let me know if you have questions.

Shane

I just spoke with Randy Reed the owner of Reed Mariculture. He is going to be present at the meeting also and has agreed to come down early to meet with anybody that has questions about the Reef Nutrition line or phytplankton, copepod, rotifer cultures, ect. I am planning on being at the site at noon with Randy and Matt for anybody that wants to come and talk with them. This is an opportunity that does not come around often so lets take advantage of it :)

Forgive me if I missed the eVite to this meeting' date=' and I know its next sunday, how would I be able to RSVP to this? is there a link to the eVite that I can confirm that "yes I am going"?[/quote']

Turns out I am not able to make this meeting, hopefully someone brings a camera, I would love to see pics..Big thank you to the speakers that are speaking, bummed I am not able attend, but thank you for comming.....Someone please take pics for me...please;)

LOVE IT!

Also, be prepared to break out your raffle ticket money or get into a bidding war or whatever you guys do for fundraising - I'm bringin' out 2 copies of the rare, out-of-print, Reproduction in Reef Fishes by Ronald Thresher as club donations for fundraising! Yes, they are USED copies (good luck trying to find it new). As I like to say - if you want to know how it has sex, it's in THIS BOOK. A must have for any fish nut.

I'll start the rumors that there might be even another really cool industry fellow coming in from out of town for this event...even I am geeked out at how this is shaping up!!! SWEEEEEET! Really looking forward to a great time this Sunday PNWMAS'ers...!

Well what Matt was hinting to is not a rumor. Nuri Fisher the owner of PE Mysis is going to be in town on Sunday and will be at the meeting as well!! Nuri has been generous enough to donate and entire CASE of PE mysis to the club for the meeting.

Hmm maybe someone could snag some freebies for some of the people that are not able to make it to the meeting...(scratch)

This thread is so depressing. I really want to go. I should block it so I don't see how cool of a meeting it's going to be.

Noob, I see a potentially sick child in ur future that you will need to stay home with! I will write a note for you! Lol

Ok fine' date=' I wasnt planning on going because of some vehicular troubles. But is there someone from the salem area that has room for one more?[/quote']

You are welcome to ride with me but you can not be a backseat or sideseat driver! :) And don't plan on doing anything else as I see an allday adventure!

LMK

Re: Videos - would have to be for personal use only. While most content is my own, I have images from other people that I have secured rights for ONLY for use in the actual presentation. Could get me in a LOT of hot water if a talk was rebroadcast, even in private areas. Yes, "what are the chances?" but when it comes to copyright, I don't screw around with copyright. Have had far too many of my own works ripped off (largely Orchid photography) to in turn do the same to someone else who contributed graciously and freely to the project.

Also, just a general rule, most "aquarium speakers" don't like to be recorded and the logic is simple - why would anyone go to meetings to meet and interact with a speaker if you can see the presentation online for free? That, and I actually did have one of my presentations "reused" in a fashion I never authorized or permitted and wasn't given credit for...so for several reasons, vids are kinda taboo ;)

re: NURI - I am so freakin' stoked. This is just hands down awesome!