Resturant Recomendations

NoobtoSalt

Alright so I would like to surprise my wife to a nice dinner on Friday night before we head out to the coast. We don't go into Portland much for eating and I wanted to get some suggestions on where to go.

I love Henry's downtown even for not being a beer drinker it seems like a cool place.

I've also taken her to Fenouil. Super expensive place and that would be fine as well but wanted to see what others here would suggest. Kind of short notice but figured there was enough people on here that could recommend some place that I should still be in the clear.

If you like Henry's you might also light Deschutes Brewery right down the street.

Looks similar to Henry's. Thanks for the idea.

Any other suggestions? I don't mind going somewhere that's a brewery but neither of us drink beer so I was hoping there was something else in town.

Might give this a try, its run by one of our catering clients. Have heard its really good and they have several special nights for cooking different meals, couples. etc

http://www.lincolnpdx.com/

Looks like a nice place as well. I love what is posted on their menu too...(laugh)

The Multnomah County Health Department would like to inform you that

consuming raw or undercooked foods may indeed kill you

Just checked out Screen doors website. How is pork spare ribs a starter????

How do you serve 3 large pieces of fried chicken on top of a waffle for breakfast....because it is awesome.

It is a southern restaurant :)

Cooking is my first hobby, reefkeeping being second. I used to live downtown so I know what I'm talking about ;)

The Rhinelander is much better then Gustav's. We where bummed when the Edelweiss closed down there in Hazel dell.

Yeah they used to have decent german food at the Edelweiss as well. I have a pretty big german background so I'm used to german cooking. It just isn't quite the same when you go to any other resturants. Maybe we will try the Rhinelander.

POK POK 3226 SE Division St · Portland

LE BISTRO MONTAGE 301 SE Morrison St

Both very Eclectic and great prices/portions. The food at both places is great. If you go to montage make sure you have some left overs so they make you an art sculpture out of aluminium foil. If you go to POK POK go with the specials and waiter recomendations. Especially if its your first time.

I am not from portland, but one of the places I really like is a Lebanese Restuarant called "Nicholas Resturant"...Its easy to find...and if you like middle eastern/lebanese food, its a awesome place. They bring you out this huge giant pizza size bread that they make in thier special oven they imported from over there, and you dip it in humus...Mmmmm...so good. The Turkish Coffee is to die for too...if you like super strong coffee....All that is missing is a hookah...lol

http://nicholasrestaurant.com/

By the way, the one on SE Grand is the one with the middle eastern oven that they cook the bread in, thats the one we go to all the time when in portland...

You've been to Fenouil, great romantic spot with good food. Have you tried Genoa? Portland staple, fixed 5-7 course dinner. Romantic setting, a bit darker than Fenouil. Paley's place is great as well. Toro Bravo is a tapas joint that is wonderful but is best when you take more than 2 people.

Apizza Sholls(bottom is the Truffle oil and 3-Cheese pizza) It is incredible. Anthony Bourdain went here a few years back and thought the same

170778_485128731506_677766506_6487714_1101226_o.jpg

Bamboo Sushi's Kobe Burger(I dont come here for the sushi although it is very good, the burger is the best)

46469_423891801506_677766506_5432318_5659255_n.jpg

Ringside's Kobe Filet(not as good as their Ribeye)

35887_408259551506_677766506_4998039_4374138_n.jpg

Screen Door's Biscuit's and Gravy(Screen Door is consistently hearty and good)

34256_409027776506_677766506_5015535_4894568_n.jpg

Screen Door's Praline Bacon(It is magical)

37385_409026241506_677766506_5015455_6810259_n.jpg

If you're into food carts...nothing beats our culture in Portland

Pastrami and Chipotle with Tillamook Cheddar on a homemade tortilla @ Pepper Box

38951_413500026506_677766506_5138851_7997385_n.jpg

Garden State's Meatball Sandwich

39137_420336786075_680436075_5393552_7905464_n.jpg

Fried Alligator maybe??

41034_421436996506_677766506_5368490_208962_n.jpg

POK POK 3226 SE Division St · Portland

LE BISTRO MONTAGE 301 SE Morrison St

Both very Eclectic and great prices/portions. The food at both places is great. If you go to montage make sure you have some left overs so they make you an art sculpture out of aluminium foil. If you go to POK POK go with the specials and waiter recomendations. Especially if its your first time.

Can't go wrong with Pok Pok, Montage is unique.

Screen Door (southern)

Andina (peruvian, really good food)

Papa Haydn (great desserts)

Hellenis Tavern (greek, really good, best calamari in town). Romantic, nice atmosphere

+100 on Screen Door (have the fried chicken)

Also Lincoln (NE Williams) or Trebol (NE Albina) or Pok Pok (SE Division - have drinks across the street at Whiskey Soda Lounge before)