Club Par meter OFFICIAL booking thread

grassi

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instantaneous photosynthetic photon flux (μmol m-2 s-1) is the most common output used to measure P.A.R. in reef aquaria.

μmol m-2 s-1 is a measure of the photosynthetic photon flux density (PPFD)

So in non-scientist speak (just messin with you grassi :)... no conversion needed, you can compare your values with those of others posted on RC and see where you stand... ie if you bulbs need changing, need more par for a particular coral etc.

"Hi Ken, not sure of you noticed but you have to be a card carrying member to check the meter out..Pretty good excuse to get a membership though........ "

I am a member. Paid at the Chinese restaurant meeting in Salem. Sounds like someone needs to upgrade the booking system.

"Hi Ken, not sure of you noticed but you have to be a card carrying member to check the meter out..Pretty good excuse to get a membership though........ "

I am a member. Paid at the Chinese restaurant meeting in Salem. Sounds like someone needs to upgrade the booking system.

I remember that! I'll get it going for you Ken, sorry about the delay.

So in non-scientist speak (just messin with you grassi :)... no conversion needed' date=' you can compare your values with those of others posted on RC and see where you stand... ie if you bulbs need changing, need more par for a particular coral etc.[/quote']

I think I said that as well: is the most common output used to measure P.A.R. in reef aquaria ;)

I'm gonna open a thread in the equipment forum where to post the values and discuss about it. Let's keep this thread for the reservation process.

List updated

Opps looks like they missed you! Thanks for being so uber patient!

You are welcome. I was nice meeting you.

So I pm'ed jackaninny. Meter is ready for pickup by friday 28th.

I'm probably going to California for a few days and then to Italy for a few weeks. I'll ask another BOD member to take care of the PAR Meter until I return.

I mean, the par meter will still be out, just need to be picked up and return from/to another location

Mr Ninny has it. I forgot to update. I'm leaving for California on thurs, so the next one will have to pick up from jackaninny. He's probably gonna take care of the par meter for a few weeks, because I have to leave the country until end of April

Hey guys, I'm not in Portland right now so jackaninny is gonna keep the meter a few more days.

We will meet beginning of the week so he will receive all he needs to manage the thing when I will be away.

Thanks for understanding