For those of you who know me...

fpd4308

.....and know that I have helped out Davy Jones Locker, I just wanted to let you know that I will no longer be helping out with things at the shop. Dave will, of course be there to help out and your best bet for getting a hold of him is the phone number listed under his sponsor page and leave a message. As soon as I can get a hold of someone who can remove the sponsor tag, if anyone is reading that can do this please do, from under my screen name it will be removed as well as any of the privileges that go with being a sponsor. If I decide to continue with the club I will just pay my dues like everyone else.

I have greatly enjoyed helping all of you and hope to still continue some of the great relationships I have built here but just as a hobbiest. It is very unfortunate that a few, on the business side of this hobby, go out of their way to make having an lfs or helping out an lfs so miserable. That being said it is just time for me to do this as a hobby, get out of the drama and have fun with it again. Plus then I can say what I want about who I want again. :)

I also want to add that Dave from Davy Jones is, with few exceptions, one of the most ethical lfs in the area. I will still continue to do business with him and the short list of other lfs that maintain a high level of integrity and treat the hobbiest with the respect they deserve. These are the shops that will get my hard earned cash.

I am always happy to share what I have learned and help folks out so don't hesitate to get in touch with me. I also love trading. :)

Hope to see you all around,

Doug

• Like 1

Glad your sticking around, Over the last year it seems money is tight for many people, and when you own your own business it can be stressful, and start making people edgy. I have learned who and where I should go, and like you said, I have a short list of lfs that get my hard earned money....I express my opinions with my money...and those that don't get my money....well, there is probably a good reason for it.

Glad your sticking around as a member though...

Mixing hobbies and business or turning your hobby into a business is the quickest way to ruin your enjoyment of the hobby. Some say "do what you love." BS, I say to that. I don't want to taint my personal enjoyment for some finacial gains.

Excuse my rant, I'm glad you are finding a way to return the enjoyment you've lost. Hopefully you can look back with a positive attitude about it and look forward with a smile :)