Really sick Seahorse

Beckie

I came home to find my she horse with a hole in her side. She is not eating and looks to be about gone. The male looks great and both have been gaining wait since I got them 2 weeks ago. What could have gotten her and is there any thing I can do?

They are in a 47 gl tall tank with T5 light, live rock with small amout of macro alge and a few fake plants.

I sent Kevin a pm, any one else with sea horse experiance I would love to hear from you

Beckie

Ectoparasites (External Parasites)

Cryptocaryon irritans, Amyloodinium (Oodinium) ocellatum, Brooklynella hostilis, parasitic crustaceans, gill flukes, Glugea, etc.

Symptoms:

visible parasites upon examination manifested as white spots, ulcerations, blisters, etc.

Sounds like your pony is displaying an ulceration. You may want to look at Flesh Erosion disease also. I don't think the bubble diseases manifest in that way.

Brian

I tried to take pic's but they didn't come out. She died the nest morning. I found a large emerald and I think that is what got her. The male is eating and looking great but lonely. I have been working ton's and waiting to see if any more issues arrise. Nothing. I think I will add a female soon.

Beckie

It just happened so fast. Healthy eating,gaining weight, thin when I got them, mating dance, next morning ..... hole ... dead next morning. I am almost positive it was the crab I found. Wish I had found it when I bought and moved the tank.

Beckie