Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
oxx155

May Meeting?

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone!

I know I haven't been on in a while, but it doesn't mean I haven't forgotten the club or that I promised a meeting at my place again this year.

I am thinking May 8th or 15th, just need to see what everyone thinks and whomever sets up meetings to PM me. Probably around noon giving people plenty of time to get here (Springfield) and get home.

I am going to plan ahead this time and should be able to get a lot of sponsors for the event with goods and corals as giveaways. I believe last time everyone left with at least 2 giveaways!

I will also be doing a BBQ again.

I thought it would also be a nice opportunity for everyone to see the changes to the tank - 16 AI SOL Blue LED Lighting System, ATB 18 Deluxe Skimmer, etc.

I would also be interested in setting up some smaller tanks for people to use for coral trading, I will set them up with fresh Saltwater and have plastic bags for transporting.

 

Definitely would love feedback from everyone as to what would be good to have at the meeting and who might attend (to get a general number).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just read about SeaMax coming to Seattle, very cool!

Maybe I can get a couple of tickets donated to the meeting, just have to find out who to contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was bummed I missed last years meeting but was glad that others posted pictures. You just let me know when and I will do my best to get down there. I would love to see 900 gallons of fury!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went last year and the meeting and BBQ was one of the best meetings I've been to (Westsides BBQ was the Best). His system is way more than anybody I've seen in a house. Everybody must see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went an it was a blast, we might be down to go again, just depends on Jess's work schedule an what not, but should be able to manage it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to go again! Last year was a good turn out for the meeting plus it is down south for those that can't make it north very often.

I also would suggest you do it on the 15th since the 8th is Mothers Day.

 

Let me know what you need help with and I'll do my best to help out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I think this would be a great meeting place for May, we got you in as being at your place on the 15th if that works for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are the Man, Douglas! Last years meeting was a legend!

 

I will volunteer to help set up chairs, carry do-dads, whatever I can to make this as easy as possible!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like May 15th is the day. I definitely wanted to get it down as early as possibly so people could plan accordingly and hopefully those that would normally work will be able to get some time off. Maybe a teaser email can be sent out early so that everyone has plenty of advanced notice?

Anyway, I will start working on the plans in the next couple of weeks and will update this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to have 2 tanks setup for Frag Swaps. Fresh Seawater and Plastic Bags will be available.

I am also thinking of having a table available for people to bring used equipment for sale. I am not sure how to run this or keep it controlled, so I am open to ideas.

I also have plenty of time to talk to vendors about donations, so I have a feeling there will be even more giveaways then there was last year. Hopefully I can get a lot of local businesses throughout Oregon to represent at the meeting.

Anybody interested in donating please PM me. I will be happy to put up any and all literature and promote each and every vendor that donates throughout the party and this forum.

I have plenty of room for everyone and parking shouldn't be a problem. But, I do encourage everyone to take as much time as possible in arranging car pooling to save gas and parking.

Hopefully NeptuneSys will have another software update out and I can fully control my AI SOL LED lights and show everyone what they can do, I should have 16 setup by the time of the meeting.

I am also really using the Apex to its fullest potential and may be able to take some time to talk about automation.

If anyone can bring something for the BBQ please post it here so we don't have too many people double up. Obviously the simple stuff like chips, dips, sides, soda, juice, desserts, etc. I plan on cooking up Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Chicken Burgers, Veggi Burgers, Veggi Dogs, and maybe some Ribs if I can get my friend to run the BBQ. Maybe my father will cook up some of his great brisket (he smokes it overnight). Chairs are always welcome, if you can bring your own fold up chair please do, who knows how many people are going to come and I only have so many.

I know meetings in the past have had speakers and/or presentations, and we tried that last year, but it just didn't work out. I really don't think it will work out again this year with so many other things I have going on, so I do appreciate any and all offers, but I think we'll keep it simple and just have an awesome party.

I have no problems with people bringing cameras and taking photos, even if anyone wants to show others how to take great photos would be nice.

Party is going to start around noon and will probably start to break down between 3-4p.m. Hopefully this will give everyone plenty of time to get here and get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anyone else from Vancouver planning to go?

 

If I go your more than welcome to car pool with me. It's too far out for me to get a guarantee of the time off yet though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If anyone heading from or through salem wants to give me a ride' date=' I'd gladly contribute gas money and a few frags[/quote']

 

Josh 99.99% that I'm going to go, so we can work it out. I owe you anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far I have donations from;

Drs Foster & Smith

Hikari

Upscales

Westside

Coral Reef Petcenter

Barrier Reef

 

Thank you so much to the sponsors so far! I hope everyone shows their appreciation by either thanking those companies online or in person.

 

I am also going to start a poll in another thread about the possibility of having a "Give-Away" table. People can bring anything aquarium related that they are no longer using (just taking up space) and give it away to someone else that might be able to use it. I know we all have some stuff just sitting around that we might just throw away, why not let someone else get some use out of it that might really need it but maybe can't afford it or couldn't find it. I know I will have some stuff.

 

Anyway, I will try to keep this thread updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×