Coral Farmer's Market part II

Lowman

I see this event a a great opportunity to spread the word about our club and the reefing scene here in the area. Steve Tyree is giving us this opportunity based on the reception he received here during his last visit. Obviously he liked our club. And yes he is using us to promote his event, but we have can also use him to advance what we are doing.

So let's brainstorm here and give positive ideas and feedback so we can forward them on to him.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the PNWMAS booth going to consist of?

A business card w/ the club info would be good to hand out.

I'm thinking we should borrow a 32"+ flat screen to run a cool powerpoint presentation showing all the members and their tanks.

We also need a hot booth babe.

I like the flat screen idea...don't we have projector for the club's use...that would work as well I would think. But the idea of showing the members tanks would be cool...

The hot booth babe, would be good...I vote for Chief!!!!!! and it has to be a two piece.

Good suggestions Greg!!

*I think business cards/fliers is a good idea.

*Along with what stores offer a discount to the club.

*Pictures of our events, (beach clean-up, BBQ, Eric's talk, Roger's rock build and fragging demo., Oregon Coast Aquarium trip)

*Sure there are other things that will be brought up also.

I really like the TV idea. Who's the filmmaker in the group, that can put that together?

PS - maybe we can use the projector for that if we can get it worked out.

What is the PNWMAS booth going to consist of?

A business card w/ the club info would be good to hand out.

I'm thinking we should borrow a 32"+ flat screen to run a cool powerpoint presentation showing all the members and their tanks.

We also need a hot booth babe.

All great ideas!

...just passing on some feedback that I got from someone visiting the PNWMAS site the other night. He said there were hardly any full tank shots, mostly a lot of closeups. I would like to suggest a sticky thread in the Gallery section of pics of entire setups only. No construction, plumbing detail, or skimmers... just nice pictures of tanks with members names. If there was a way to click on a picture that would link to details of the system, that would be cool.

Possibly, for a start, someone could search the site for some Full Tank Shots and copy them all in one common thread.

ok now... do we have any volunteers to begin the interviewing of potential hot babes for the booth? (naughty) :)

OK DUE TO SCHEDULE CONFLICT

Tyree and his group have moved the CFM from the 11th of August to the 4th of August.

Just one week earlier. The reason for this move is that the people who put on IMAC have scheduled a second IMAC Conference for Las Vegas on the 10th-12th of August, 2007. They don't want to have two events scheduled on the samee weekend that his vendors would want to be at.

IT"S STILL SCHEDULED JUST ON THE 4TH NOT THE 11TH.

Nothing else has changed.

Does the club have a t-shirt? I like the novelty T-shirts - for example, I have a t-shirt from the Marine Organic Chemistry lab I used to work at that says "Ab alga ad astra" (I think it means "from the sea to the stars") in a small logo in the front and in the back is a picture of a fish that has DNA helices for fins and pictures of molecules inside air bubbles. (whistle) (laugh)

I know on campus whenever we have booth fairs the most popular ones give something away. Maybe we can hand out a calendar with pictures of club member's tanks? I don't know what that would cost... (scratch)

Good suggestions Greg!!

*I think business cards/fliers is a good idea.

*Along with what stores offer a discount to the club.

*Pictures of our events, (beach clean-up, BBQ, Eric's talk, Roger's rock build and fragging demo., Oregon Coast Aquarium trip)

*Sure there are other things that will be brought up also.

I really like the TV idea. Who's the filmmaker in the group, that can put that together?

PS - maybe we can use the projector for that if we can get it worked out.

All great ideas!

...just passing on some feedback that I got from someone visiting the PNWMAS site the other night. He said there were hardly any full tank shots, mostly a lot of closeups. I would like to suggest a sticky thread in the Gallery section of pics of entire setups only. No construction, plumbing detail, or skimmers... just nice pictures of tanks with members names. If there was a way to click on a picture that would link to details of the system, that would be cool.

Possibly, for a start, someone could search the site for some Full Tank Shots and copy them all in one common thread.

ok now... do we have any volunteers to begin the interviewing of potential hot babes for the booth? (naughty) :)

I really like this idea...I would be happy to help organize the pics and everything, but if came to the writing of code to set it up...I would need some help with that.

Another idea.

How about having a map of the northwest out where people can place pins that show where they live. You could use colored pins to signify how much water they have under their care. If people see how many "local" reefers live nearby they might be more inclined to join.

Plus this gives people a reason to come to the booth without having to give them a "free" item. (save us some money)

Another idea.

How about having a map of the northwest out where people can place pins that show where they live. You could use colored pins to signify how much water they have under their care. If people see how many "local" reefers live nearby they might be more inclined to join.

Plus this gives people a reason to come to the booth without having to give them a "free" item. (save us some money)

We already have something like this now! Go to the top of this page and click on "Quick Links" just below the PNWMAS Banner. Then click on "Google Map".

• 2 weeks later...

Steve and the organizers are hoping to draw 150-200 people to this event. If they can get that many it sounds like they will consider the event a sucess. The lastest one down south, (LA), drew 350 -400.

I think we can draw that many people. That number also included the vendors. So they want around 100 sold tickets.