Dumb fish!!!

Saltfinsax

Well I noticed my Hippo was around. I had to tear his bed out "volley ball size Hydno as it was too big". So started doing the big search for him and found him in my over flow box.

So thats my job for the day. Looking for some idea as them Hippos are super wedges. Been trying to poke at him and scare him into the net with no success.

Kinda like that but it allmost 22" down to the bottom.

Thinking of draining as much water as I can from the box and making a long spoon thing and push him into the little net that I can get in there. Just can't move they net once it down there.

I guess if I had to I could just take the outgoing bulkhead and push him through there. That dosent sound fun though.

Back to work I go.

OK got the little bugger out safe and sound.

I had to make a long spoon thing out of a fiberglass arrow shaft and cottage cheese lid.

Drained the water as much as I could (to a 1/4") and went for it.

After chasing and scooping for about 10 min of total stress and having him to the top about 4 or 5 times.

I think I took more stress then he did as we was out and about the same old way in about 30 min.

The spoon

Picture457.jpg[/img]

The unreachable overflow box

Picture460.jpg[/img]

OK got the little bugger out safe and sound.

I had to make a long spoon thing out of a fiberglass arrow shaft and cottage cheese lid.

Drained the water as much as I could (to a 1/4") and went for it.

After chasing and scooping for about 10 min of total stress and having him to the top about 4 or 5 times.

I think I took more stress then he did as we was out and about the same old way in about 30 min.

Haha that reminds me of the hours I spent one night "fishing" for my clownfish with a bent paperclip with mysis "bait".

i used to have a 15G biocube and we kept losing gobies, literally had at least 3 disappear consecutively in about 2 weeks. well one day i was cleaning out the sump in the back and low and behold theirs 3 gobies living back there for 2 weeks! poor things look like scrawny death. i got them all out and put them back in the display and then had 4 gobies, so i blocked the hole off. LOL.