120 gallon tank build

NoobtoSalt

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've moved basically everything over now to this tank. Transition time wasn't too bad. will be doing my first regular water change today on the tank. I moved the clown fish and the anenome over to the tank a few days ago. I finally moved the two cleaner shrimp, fire shrimp, leopard wrasse, and the rest of my corals over today. It already appears that everything seems to be happier in this tank. I'm still not sold on the aquascape but we will see what I decide to do in the next few weeks. I'm sure it will change. I'm still deciding on powerheads but I now have a reef keeper. I'm borrowing a powerhead right now from OIAB and it seems to kick out a ton of flow so I may just run two of those for the time being.

FTS

2011-03-04111637.jpg

Left side of the tank

2011-03-04111645.jpg

Middle of the tank

2011-03-04111650.jpg

Right side of the tank

2011-03-04111656.jpg

its really starting to look nice' date=' are you still working on the rock work? Time to get rid of those VHO's and get some T5's.[/quote']

I like the look of the right side of the tank but I still want to work on the left side a bit. Andrew's tank needs some T5's first before I swap the lighting on mine. I will probably stop in and talk with you about his tank tomorrow.

Well I had a few fish not make it recently so I decided what better thing to do than to get some more.. Ok well not really but the fish that I got were probably going to continue to cause me issues so I decided to go another route. I grabbed 4 Banggai cardinalfish and 2 bi-color anthias. I missed my anthias when they died from the marine velvet kick in the last tank and Cos hooked it up today so I couldn't say no. I've never had the cardinal fish but they just looked cool and I wanted a schooling fish in the tank.

Picture188.jpg

Picture187.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It was nice to have finally met the two of you.sorry I didn't spend more time visiting at oiab but I'm sure robert got you taken care of.

hey jesse, thanks for meeting up with us yesterday. great to see the tank in person. It really is great looking. I love how you have your different sections for your corals.

Thanks again

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I Love the bicolors as well hence the five in the tank now. I'm going to work on getting a pair of ventrallias anthias and I'm done with fish in this tank.

Carpet looks great noob.I want some bi-color anthias they are great looking fish.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk