120 gallon tank build

NoobtoSalt

Well I picked up about 80-100lbs of live rock tonight for the new tank.(clap) I'm planning on picking up the tank on Monday. It's a tank that has been running for quite sometime now so it should be an easy transition but I plan on keeping the 75 gallon running for a few extra weeks to ensure that all the water parameters are fine.

Still trying to decide where I'm going to put all the tanks currently. I've got lots of ideas and just can't wait till I get the tank moved in. As always there will be some pretty poor quality pictures for your enjoyment that will follow once the tank setup is complete...(laugh)

I also just realized that this will be my 6th saltwater tank in a year. What the heck is wrong with me? (scratch)

After this is all said and done the 75 will come down and be put up for sale, which will leave me with Andrew's 29 biocube, the 27 Marineland Frag tank, and the new 120 build!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to do a 250 or 300 and call it good!' date=' one tank, tank room, 100 gal sump/fuge/frag tank, just think only one tank to clean and water change!![/quote']

Thought about it but in the current house we don't have room to do that large of a tank. But the next house is a whole different story...

But I would still have two tanks. I couldn't break down my sons' tank completely.

Have fun setting things up man' date=' how exciting. If you need some help, I'll be done with work around 2 and could lend a hand. Lemme know![/quote']

Thanks for the offer but we got it in the house and running just a bit ago. I don't have the fish, rock or reef keeper but everything else was moved over in the transition. I purchased about 100 lbs or rock the other day from Jay R (really nice guy btw) and I still have about 75-100lbs from my other tank. Pictures to come but waiting for the tank to clear up a bit before that happens. Thanks again goes out to Robert (Reefit) for not only hooking me up with a great deal but also spending most of the day today getting this moved!

Here is a thread of when Robert had the tank setup.

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?19525-120-Gallon-Reef-Build.