Share the Love for TFT

Mr S

These are awesome ideas. I would add to raise alkalinity add a tablespoon of Baking Soda each day until desired levels are reached. (I will give this credit to Lowman) I asked him last nite what to do. Keep em coming. I will get one of my students to make some type of handbook. It would be cool if we could set up a data base on the web site where people could access this info. On the computer is much easier to access then a book.

Is there a reefing wiki? if not, maybe thats a project you can start with them... Just a thought. :)

A new twist. I will donate a frag pack of at least 4 things. I will not tell you what they are but I will give you a good representation of all the basics, except fish and invertebrates. Instead of just saying share the love, you need to give me one tip that could be put in the TFT cookbook about tank maintenance, etc. I will draw a name on February 25th. Here is an example of what a tip would look like:

Dose 1 drop of Lugols solution per 38 gal of water each day to keep iodine levels to a sufficient level.

Thanks people. I promise you won't be disappointed. I will throw in one high end zoo!

Maybe I'm a little confused but is this over? It says that its not over until the 25, and you have already picked a winner. If it is that's fine Roger, you are the captain of this ship.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
make sure to wash off any lotions' date=' perfumes or soaps before putting your hands and arms in the tank! Those things can be toxic to the tank.[/quote']

I am very short and have short arms. i always wash off my deodorant or do my tank maintenance just after getting out of the shower. I am usually in up to the shoulders....