Group buy support your local fishstore!  

1. 1.

• Acan
    • Favias
    • Chalices
    • Zoas
    • SPS
    • Other

Who wants to do another group buy? I do! Who wants to support your LFS too! The question of the day is what would you be interested in going in on in a group buy!

This is a great way to make a high end coral more affordable such as an ultra grade acan. The one successful one we did was for a Tyree Baby's breath favia. I would like to go locally because we really have nice stuff here.

The only problem with these group buys Kim is that some of, not sure who, so not pointing fingers, of our "glorious"(This is not for all of you sponsors, you guys are awesome, this is only being pointed at the ones who B&^%*^ about the last group buy we attempted to do) sponsors got butthurt and *****ed to the wholesalers and ruined the group buy. I'm sorry, but I love group buys, they enable us to put corals in our tank that we ordinarily couldn't afford, and the fact that we are doing this with EACH sponsor, if they are interested in this, it just boggles my mind that one of them would complain, you know who you are, you should be totally ashamed of yourself.

With that said, Kim, I'd love to get this going, if we are going to make this a MONTHLY affair, we need to get a list of sponsors who would love to be a part of this, and make up a list of who we are going to order from each month, so that the sponsors can find us those super nice colonies, it gives them all warning and a head's up, we would just need to have people in place who we can be sure are not going to back out. And at a buy-in of no more than 20-30 bucks, I'm sure none of us will back-out LOL.

I'd go for a chalice, My LFS is Upscales, I could ask Travis about ordering one. From what i've seen around town we'd be looking at $250 for a nice piece or $25ea for ten people.

Steve

Steve I was going to go with Tim at Westside. Reef165 drew his name for January but there was not enough interest for the sps colony. Tim also has great taste and there's no rule that says we can't do another group buy chalice. I was considering doing Davy Jones next month since this month's didn't work out. We already did a group buy with Isaac at TCM Aquatics and Garrett with the maxi mini carpets.

Steve I was going to go with Tim at Westside. Reef165 drew his name for January but there was not enough interest for the sps colony. Tim also has great taste and there's no rule that says we can't do another group buy chalice. I was considering doing Davy Jones next month since this month's didn't work out. We already did a group buy with Isaac at TCM Aquatics and Garrett with the maxi mini carpets.

Sorry my bad! I didn't see in the thread that you'd already picked a store, just offering. i was in on the Salem one and also did Tims super bowl sale so I'll stand by for the next round.

Thanks

Steve

Anyone wanna go in on a group buy of Catalina Gobies? Maybe deepwater gorgonians? ................What nobody? :(

That would be great if they weren't a cold water fish, If you want a couple, I'm sure you could get a LFS to order you a couple, they aren't that expensive to need a group by and have everyone else's die. Fish are tricky to do a group buy on, High end fish don't come along all that often and to be able to get 10 would be imposable. Most of the time you put 3 on your order hoping to get one.

Okay people it's going to be a chalice. The people have spoken. No worries I'm sure we can do another one for acans and favias and more chalices!

Here's the thread:

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?25295-It-s-chalice-group-buy-time!&p=245833#post245833

Tim will post a picture soon. I can't wait! He said normally a frag of this would go for more than 3 times the price he will be selling it! Let's support our local fish stores!