It's been at least 4 years... if not longer

ShaunMonahan

That is a crazy link!!! Did anyone else read ALL the responses? It does mention you Shaun as well as Travis.

Yes, I read it a little further and had some great laughs too! I like the parts about Travis and I being mortal enemies, hah! Oh the drama. Travis and I are and always have been on the level... Infact, we would trade frags from time to time.

I have no idea who some of those posters are but that is one funny thread.

BTW Travis - the neon polyped tryee sacrophyton, unusual pulsing xenia and hector's goby are all doing very well THANKS!

Welcome back I have a neon green stylo I got from you way back then was the size of a pencil earser lol it has since been fraged many times(100's) and still the size of a volley ball lol oh and still have my neon green sinulria from back then too.

Hey reefboy - That's awesome! That neon stylophora is such a killer coral, but volleyball sized, eh? I love it! The neon green sinularia is one of the best softies out there, without a doubt!

This is really cool to come back here and still have all you guys doing the hobby :)

Not to get too far off tangent, but I've heard so many horrible stories about "gateway" bob that I'd be ashamed to even admit to knowing, much less trying to claim that someone, who has been backed up by more than one person, was lying about something.

Welcome back Shawn, glad to see old time members coming back to the club

Hey Shaun,

I have always had the tank running. Had the tank crashed and lost all my sps and other corals about 3 years ago when PDX was hit with 12"+ snow. I was in the middle of moving and had to put the fish and corals in my prop tanks and long story short, power went out and my top off water filled the lost water with fresh water. :(

So basically having been starting over and over again. I setup the tank, get busy, then tank goes south, and get it back, get busy... a never ending circle. But have the tank up again.

Tim told me that you stopped by. He's been my main source as he is closest to me. :)

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I thought the name sounded familiar! I got started into saltwater with gift certificates friends and family bought from you at your first shop off Capital Hwy. Good times! My daughter and I frequented all of your shops quite regularly. Good to hear you're getting back into hobby. Joel shut down Waves, so there's a hole on the west side... Just saying.

Wow' date=' I thought the name sounded familiar! I got started into saltwater with gift certificates friends and family bought from you at your first shop off Capital Hwy. Good times! My daughter and I frequented all of your shops quite regularly. Good to hear you're getting back into hobby. Joel shut down Waves, so there's a hole on the west side... Just saying.[/quote']

Hey Bill-

Thanks for the kind words! It's great to be back... as a hobbyist! I do remember you and great to hear from you.

Man I loved your shop location back then' date='+ your setup inside!! I bought an old acrylic 100+ gallon tank from you back then. Dunno where it went though??? Sorry didn't even recognize ya when we met recently:([/quote']

No Worries...

I was 23 when I set-up the shop on Capitol Hwy... er, uh, now 37. It has been great to catch up with so many familiar faces/names.

I used to go to your shop. I got out about 2001 or 02 because the expense of the hobby (and I dont do any hobby's on the cheap lol) vs the expense of my wife popping out baby's.

I actually bought 3 frag tanks from you about a year before I got out.

This hobby has a way of pulling people back into it. LOL

Welcome back!!