hai

loke

Hello everyone, My name is Tami. I'm reintroducing myself to the hobby. I used to be a reefer a few years back, but economy, bills, ect, ect, long story short~ left the hobby. Well, I went snorkeling over a coral reef over the winter break, and the reef bug bit. I thought it was kind of nutz that I could name ALL the fish, and inverts passing by.

I gave in and bought an Oceanic Nano/biocube tonight ~haven't filled it up yet. Going to take things slowwww. I plan on putting it on my kitchen counter. My only concern is, the last time I had aquariums, the surface that it rests on usually suffers from salt/water damage. I can't afford to ruin the counter top, I'm a renter!

One question, do any of the LFS sell premade saltwater? I threw out my de-ionizer filter and I hated making water (always scared of leaving the water running~ had a small flood once, was embarrasing)

See ya around :)

Nick at RoseCity has pre-made water, as do most of the other shops, you're in a good position, you're very close to Tim at Westside Aquarium. As for the counter top, get an acrylic tray, similar the one seen in Tanktop74's 150g build thread, or you can put a towel underneath, that's what I've done an I've never had a problem, especially if you put a piece of plywood down that's the size of the footprint of the tank with a towel or sheet over it, bam, no worries then lol.

Welcome back Tami. (clap)You should definitely check out Tim at Westside super nice guy and his shop is in Hillsboro area. Check out my signature for the acrylic tray idea it worked well. As far as leaving the water running.....basment flooded twice because of that until we finally got a float valve sensor that prevents it from overflowing. I would highly recommend getting one.

welcome back. Once the salt is in the blood, it is like crack to an addict...

dsoz

ain't that the truth =P

As far as leaving the water running....basement flooded twice because of that until we finally got a float valve sensor that prevents it from overflowing.

heh, ya my neighbors downstairs got rained on, DOH!

Check out my signature for the acrylic tray idea it worked well

love the aquascaping emerald