Aqua-Mag/Frag-Mag Group Buy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Just a quick question for those who bought these aquamags...Did anybody elses start to disintegrate in their tanks? I placed mine fairly high up on my 24" high side wall and yesterday while doing some routine maintenance, I bumped one of the two magnets and it fell off. As I tried to reattach it, I looked in the tank and saw that the frag rock had cracked in half and fell to the bottom of the tank (with my corals on it (flame)).

Naturally, I reached into the tank to recover it and it practically feel apart in my hands. The pieces just fell away from the body such that there's no way I'm putting it back into my tank. The other half still sits on the wall of my tank, but I'm going to pull it out tonight before it falls and lands on other corals.

So, has anybody else had this happen to them?

Thanks,

Mark

Interesting! I was considering emailing the company myself. Mine have crumbled a little, but are still whole. However, both of mine will no longer hold the corals. On one I put a $500 efflo, and on the other a nice tenius. Both corals are little mini colonies, nothing huge by any standards - yet they are now too heavy to be held up by the magnets. The rocks have to rest on other rockwork in order to not fall down. It looks dumb, and not at all what I envisioned. I actually took one out last night.

I contacted the company and described my problem, as I had in the post from earlier today, and received the following reply:

I am sorry to hear of this issue. We have had a issue with one batch of rocks we made last winter. Apparently they did not cure properly and a few customers like yourself experienced a similar problem. We did some analysis and discovered the problem that will prevent this in the future. Please be rest assured that the crumbling rocks will not hurt your reef or inhabitants at all. Please let me know what you ordered and we will replace them right away. I personally have not had this problem with any of the Rock-mags in both of my reef tanks, some rocks are now over 4 years old. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Best regards

Jim @ Aqua-mags

I would suggest that anybody else who has experienced this problem should get in touch as Jim appears to be very service oriented and seems to be very helpful.

His e-mail address is: supportaquamags@gmail.com

Yea mine will have little bumps fall off any time they are touched it seems. I have had a few larger chunks fall off as well without anything more than my hand moving them. The magnets are also really weak. We should all try to join up and contact to see if there is anything they can do for us, since we all bought at the same time and are having issues. Not that I am using mine in my display any more, but that is mainly because with black sand, having to pick out little white flecks of this rock all the time just is not worth it.