Sign in to follow this  
sharoleb

Aqua-Mag/Frag-Mag Group Buy

Looking to see if there is any interest for these mag-frags. http://aqua-mags.com/ darrellw showed his this morning in a thread and I really like them. I would like to keep this open at least until the 15th so that everyone has a chance to get in if they want. I emailed the company and got this response:

Thank you for expressing interest in our products. Our Group Buy info>> is as follows:>>>>

Frag-Mags $ 5.00 each>>

Rock-Mags $ 15.00 each>>

Rock-Mag Jr $ 7.50 each>>

Frag-Farm $ 3.00 each>>>>>>

Minimum buy is $ 200.00, FREE shipping to one location.You can keep it open untill you get to magic $ 200.00 number ;) Once you have your order together, just e-mail me the quantities and I'll send you one invoice via Paypal for the order. Once it's paid, your order ships FREE the next day.

I've never started one of these, (scary) so maybe someone can chime in here. I guess people would need to send money to my paypal and then I send it on? I can hold the money in paypal right and not have to transfer in and out of my checking? So I guess I'll just do a running tally of what people want in this first post and edit as we go. I guess I'll start it off w/ me.

Checking off in blue as they get delivered:

Sharoleb: 2 rock mag jrs and 3 frag mags $30.00 3 frag farms 3x3 $9

Nate: 2 Rock Mags and 1 jr rock mag, and 2 frag mags $47.50

Noobtosalt: Rock Mag $15

Haroldb: 2 rock mags $30 - arrangements made

Jadams7 rock mag and rock mag jr. $22.50

Gawf4fun: rock mag and rock mag jr. $22.50

PeteRock: Rock mag: $15

R-3 - 2 Rock mag jr. - $15

Current running total = $206.50

I can hold the money in paypal right and not have to transfer in and out of my checking?

Yup, you can just keep the money in your paypal account without having to transfer it to your checking account.

I'm in for 2 of the bigger ones. There $15 instead of $20 with the Group Buy correct? Just making sure. I think these are a great idea and will surely be a success.

I'm in for 2 of the bigger ones. There $15 instead of $20 with the Group Buy correct? Just making sure.

Yes, that's correct. We get that discount if we can meet the $200 minimum.

So we need to get about 13 of the bigger ones or the equivalent in big and little ones to get this on the road huh. Come on people !!!!!!

Bump. So how exactly do these work? Like the rock is magnetic and the plugs stick to it? Because that would be a great idea. They recommend epoxy so I didn't know if that was the case or not.

Bump. So how exactly do these work? Like the rock is magnetic and the plugs stick to it? Because that would be a great idea. They recommend epoxy so I didn't know if that was the case or not.

Mike - I just read the page again. It looks like when they talk about epoxy they are saying you can glue your frags to the rock-mag, just like on live rock. It's the magnets inside that make them hold to the glass. I like them because I've always like the idea of having corals on the back wall, but regular frag plugs don't seem to stick well on the vertical surface - at least not for me.

Looks like some cool stuff. Maybe we should try to get one of the LFS's to carry their products.

Might have to get in on it.

I've glued frags directly on the back wall using super glue which worked well. But I hate epoxy so i'm curious if the plugs are magnetic and they stick to the rock without the use of epoxy. If it doesn't then i'm filing a patent.

I'll email again and ask if they stick to the rock, that would be cool.

R-3 - would love to see these in stores!

Trautman - you're added.

I will do a running total later.

Put me down for one of each of these;

Rock-Mags $ 15.00 each>>

Rock-Mag Jr $ 7.50 each>>

If someone could PM me with a paypal address and when to send the money that would be great!

Getting closer. Come on these are cool don't you want to be cool

Rock-Mags $ 15.00 each

Rock-Mag Jr $ 7.50 each

Thanks for helping us all reach deeper into our "chill-dom"