Rock-Mags

darrellw

I saw these on "Mr. Saltwater TV" last week, and decided to try them in my tank:

http://aqua-mags.com/

I bought one Rock-Mag and one Rock-Mag Jr, knowing that they would be a little big for my tank, but figuring I could "sculpt" them. I got them yesterday, and went ahead and put them in as-is. I will be making the large one a bit smaller, but I'm very happy with them.

Now I need more frags ;)

Sorry for the quick & crappy pictures.

-Darrell

post-3179-141867785419_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yah i've seen those they are pretty cool. Great idea. How heavy are they and what are they made of?

They are very light, they are as much air as solid material. The larger one was actually floating, due to trapped air.

I believe they are "agrocrete", aragonite and portland cement.

Lead away. You will do just fine.

Normally I would have nominated you to make it easier for ME (laugh) but you have been busy, and I've never run one of these before so probably it's about time I did. (nutty)

I didn't even see that you emailed them until just now...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

if they are made from portland cement you might want to cure them about a month' date=' like frag plugs made of the same stuff most people put them in their toilet tank to cure[/quote']

Sooo.... I'm kinda new to the hobby, comparatively. And on the computer it's hard to gauge....... is this sarcasm saying they are fit for the toilet or are you serious and this is what people really do? (nutty) (laugh)

Sooo.... I'm kinda new to the hobby' date=' comparatively. And on the computer it's hard to gauge....... is this sarcasm saying they are fit for the toilet or are you serious and this is what people really do? (nutty) (laugh)[/quote']

No sarcasm thats what some people do to cure man made rocks