hey ben, heres a heaping spoonful of internal bleeding.

Ron Popeil

OMG i had no idea this thread was going, my family and I are huge fans of Lost we've resorted to watching on the "puter" because of the time its on but its a beautifull show! Me, its almost a dream of mine to be stranded the tropics, would be soooooooooo cool! anyway back to the show, this season's shapingup to be one of the best imo it keeps getting better. whare did you all get the info abought Darma and it being in Portland Or.? did i miss something?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway back to the show' date=' this season's shapingup to be one of the best imo it keeps getting better. whare did you all get the info abought Darma and it being in Portland Or.? did i miss something?[/quote']

Episode 7 of season 3 is titled "Not in Portland". It's the episode where Dharma recruits Juliette and tells her that their HQ is "just outside of Portland, OR".

I wonder if because Desmond saved Charlie that the person who came was someone else and not Penny...

my wife and i have been wondering wether Desmond is saving Charlie or Claire because when Desmond went and got that seagull, Claire was the one going out that way. We think Desmond told Charlie that so he wouldnt freakout and be anymore overprotective than he is.

my wife and i have been wondering wether Desmond is saving Charlie or Claire because when Desmond went and got that seagull' date=' Claire was the one going out that way. We think Desmond told Charlie that so he wouldnt freakout and be anymore overprotective than he is.[/quote']

hmmm, could be, but i think in one of the episodes Desmond said it was Charlie - it only seemed like Claire because every time Charlie died in his visions was because Charlie was trying to save Claire. And if you saw this last episode...it was clearly Charlie he was saving.

Anyway, something else just occurred to me, I haven't confirmed it yet but my bf thinks that the woman in the photograph on the monk's desk was the same woman in Desmond's time-travel. :eek:

Gee thanks Cyenna, I got the email telling me the baby is Jins. Im still 3 episodes behind!

I had to unsubscribe so you dont tell me any more suprises!!!

oops. I thought you were all caught up! sorry. okay, okay, no more spoilers until you're ready.

it makes far more sense to me to think DHARMA staged a crash site and survivors, and used employees to fake dental records and coroner reports. sounds extensive....but i mean, come on, they already live on an island with technology that isnt just handed out to everybody. submarine....electromagnetic fence posts....smoke monster security system....

and i really hope locke has done something tonight that could be misinterpreted as bad, but really is good.

sigh. locke. so misunderstood.

ps if you like spoilers and rumors, go here!

http://lostrumours.blogspot.com/2007/04/thanks-to-staff-at-httpwww.html

I hope when they say only 3 episodes left its the end of the series. Im getting sick of this show. The friggin rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper every episode. They need to end it, and quit while its only somewhat rediculous.

Are volcans gonna beam down from the Star Ship Enterprise next week?

JOEL!!! HOW DARE YOU!!

its still remaining completely plausible. except for the fact that the girl said she ejected out of a helicopter. unless you bail out from the bottom or maybe the side, is there really any way to eject from a helicopter....safely?!

joel...this show needs to keep going. its the only thing keeping me going. without it my life would be a desolate void of mediocrity.

But everyones dead (snicker).

Plausable is only relative. I mean it was odd enough the connections between people before, some of that, believable, but Locke's dad con'ing Sawyers folks? Gimme a break! Its only plausable because it took a spread sheet to write it and make all these connections.

It reminds me of that room recently on Heros, with all the strings? Everything going every which way.

I wouldnt be supprised if next thing you know that [language filter] that slept with Sun washes up on shore next week, oh and he is Bens former hitman.

im sorry , and i love the show but ive gotta side with Joel, the should at least answer some questions rather than keep adding new ones to the allready long list. I think i watch now just in hope theres an answer of somekind, abought anything!!

im not buying that there all dead. They (the suppposed ghosts) go and recruite people to the island like julia, and desmond. The girl that crashed is probably lying about finding the crashed plane. I assume the relationships between each other are just fate which brought them together.The show keeps teasing us with new questions, though some of the characters know the anwsers, they choose not to tell us...now locke and jack are doing it, arg. What is the point of dharma anyway? Just for baby research? Why all the different stations? The kate/jack/sawyer thing is so three seasons ago. They need to kill her off, along with charlie-hes useless.

Haven't posted in this thread until now............but have watched the show from the beginning.

I have to agree that the show is getting to unreal/unbelievible. As for the show ending this year.....I doubt it as it is still a big hit. But there are lots of things that need answering.

How does the Russian guy that Locke pushed into the 'force field' and killed come back to help rescue the girl from the helicopter?

How do you bail from a helicopter if you are alone in it?

How did the head of research that recuited Juliette end up on the "island"?

Why do they make you think that it isn't an island at all?

Everyone knows someone somehow? WHY?

What the black smoke?

What moved all the trees in the jungle in season 1?

Polar bear?

Why did Jack tell Juliette not to tell Kate yet about what's going on?

Why was Locke suppose to kill his father? Proving what?

I would like to see the show answer some of these questions...............but they just keep coming up with new ones! kinda upsetting and it's getting old!

Answers are in bold.

Haven't posted in this thread until now............but have watched the show from the beginning.

I have to agree that the show is getting to unreal/unbelievible. As for the show ending this year.....I doubt it as it is still a big hit. But there are lots of things that need answering.

How does the Russian guy that Locke pushed into the 'force field' and killed come back to help rescue the girl from the helicopter?

He told us that people on the island heal faster.

How do you bail from a helicopter if you are alone in it?

Don't you just press the eject button and the propeller blades break off?

How did the head of research that recuited Juliette end up on the "island"?

Well, he got there by the submarine like Ethan did who was also in the real world at one point.

Why do they make you think that it isn't an island at all?

I never got that feeling.

Everyone knows someone somehow? WHY?

Because it makes it that much more interesting.

What the black smoke?

It's an electomagnetic magic thingy representing the evil at the island.

What moved all the trees in the jungle in season 1?

The black smoke.

Polar bear?

Genetic engineering which we found out from the secret door in the bunker that lit up from black lights.

Why did Jack tell Juliette not to tell Kate yet about what's going on?

Kate's probably pregnant.

Why was Locke suppose to kill his father? Proving what?

He had to show that he could let go of his old life where he was obsessed with finding his father and earning his father's approval.

and yet, now, a whopper of other answers revealed.

the russian guy wasnt killed because it was set to a lower setting. apparently set only for brain melt, and not death.

ben had locke kill his father for reasons including the fact he killed his own.

DHARMA was killed off my ben and the hostiles. granted, i have no idea who the hostiles are or what they are doing there....

but we learn who the dude is in the VW van. we learn where ben came from. that he lies...alot.

that locke can really beat up anyone he wants, and he is not afraid of anything.

that kate is really a jerk for flapping her gums about.

alot of people complain that there are too many unanswered questions. and that more keep popping up. but there arent really. alot has been explained so far. and as for new mysteries...its how this show is. its what keeps it interesting to watch, experiencing the unfolding story as it happens instead of everything just right out there for you to understand.

but i will admit, even i was a bit....surprised by the story of this episode. an empty wooden shack out in the middle of the jungle. and an invisible guy that ben takes orders from. who gets very angry with technology. that funny, because...technology is everywhere on the island, has been for years, and everyone who works there depends on it, ben included....

so, the poltergeist. help me. i dont get it. it reminded me of kurtz from heart of darkness. "jacob is not someone you just go and visit, he is someone who summons you." perhaps his invisibility has something to do with why dead people show up on the island. which leads me to my next subject....

locke. ben you silly silly man. do you really think john locke can be killed by conventional methods? if his pulverized vertebrae can be healed, damage from a small piece of metal lodged in his torso will be easy to patch up. besides, the island likes john. it lets him see its secrets. and the smoke monster appears to him as a brilliant white light. just to him. thats got to mean something. and if nothing else, he will die, but come back as a walking spirit like jacks dad, bens mom, and hurleys old psych ward buddy. and then he will really cause some trouble.

john, dont let me down. im rooting for you buddy.

ps ben...i cant wait til sayid gets a hold of you again. sayid...and locke. and a freshly opened package of bamboo shoots.

so, the poltergeist. help me. i dont get it. it reminded me of kurtz from heart of darkness. "jacob is not someone you just go and visit, he is someone who summons you." perhaps his invisibility has something to do with why dead people show up on the island. which leads me to my next subject....

locke. ben you silly silly man. do you really think john locke can be killed by conventional methods? if his pulverized vertebrae can be healed, damage from a small piece of metal lodged in his torso will be easy to patch up. besides, the island likes john. it lets him see its secrets. and the smoke monster appears to him as a brilliant white light. just to him. thats got to mean something. and if nothing else, he will die, but come back as a walking spirit like jacks dad, bens mom, and hurleys old psych ward buddy. and then he will really cause some trouble.

QUOTE]

A lot of this TV show reminds me of Heat of Darkness and of course, Lord of the Flies. There are even references to those novels. It's awesome.

As far as Locke getting youknowhat (for those of you who haven't watched the episode yet), I was like, meh. whatever. I agree with you Jordan. Why would Ben think a single youknowhat would do Locke in? Unless he didn't want to actually youknowhat Locke..... hmmmmmm

Anyone watch Jimmy Kimmel afterwards? Evangeline Lilly (Kate) was on the show and she said even SHE was shocked by this seasons finale!!!!

Also! It's official! Lost has three season left! The rest of the seasons will be shown without repeats! This means there IS an ending and the show WON'T be dragged out! This show will only get better. Yay!