Raising Mag

cellowithgills

Hopefully the Kent product works out ok, if you find it does not you may try the Mag Chloride or Mag Sulfate from Bulk Reef, I know more LFS are carrying it but I had tried the liquid Kent in the early days, to no avail, dosing nearly daily to keep it where I wanted. I then switched to Brightwells Magnesion P, I think is what is was called, which was much better but pricey.

I then tried BRS Mag Chloride (as I use a calcium reactor and that is what was advised) and have never tried another product.

You probablly know this but to maintain a Mg of 1350+ your SG needs to be 1.024+ ( I think everyone who is in the know runs 1.025-1.026 anyway)

Good luck

thanks for sharing the reef.diesys link. It's an amazing set up. How do I get in touch with Jose D. from that link? He didn't post email. I plan to use his tank model to build my new tank. The set up is too complicated. Can one set up a simpler system for a mixed sps/lps tank? I also emailed James at Envision but haven't got an answer back.