New to this Site

Toby Flenderson

Hello, I live in Portland and I have been in the hobby for 3 and a half years now. I started out with a 14 gallon biocube, then a 34 gallon red sea max and now I have a 90 gallon reef tank with a 25 gallon sump. The tank is lit with 2 250 watt double ended metal halide reef stars and 2 55 watt actinics. The sump has a reef octopus 160 skimmer. Really glad I found this site and look forward to checking out all of your tanks!

Thanks' date=' I've got plenty of pictures but I'm having trouble getting link codes from photo bucket using my iPad. I'll post some tomorrow for sure. Btw my shark egg just hatched about 20 minutes ago![/quote']

Nice what kind of shark... And I had trouble to with my ipad but click on the photo and then click share

Thanks' date=' I've got plenty of pictures but I'm having trouble getting link codes from photo bucket using my iPad. I'll post some tomorrow for sure. Btw my shark egg just hatched about 20 minutes ago![/quote']

Welcome Toby! Wow! You've got a shark in a 90 gallon reef tank. I'd really like to see some picture of that. Can't wait for you to get the ipad figured out.

haha classic trejectory of a reefer, nano --->Mid size---->Large---> your next 200 gallon tank!!

Lol welcome!

Thanks, I love the 90 gallon and I think it is a great size to house a diverse population. But, im always hinting at a larger tank to my wife. Some day she will cave in. I forgot to mention, I had a great 3 gallon pico tank for a while. I drilled it and had a 10 gallon sump, it was led lit. Here's a link if anyone is interested. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=206613