Noob zoas Grow out contest

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse' date=' I agree w/ mwheeler in that the group needs to trust you in whatever you decide. However, it sure would be convenient for me to pick it up when we meet this weekend. (laugh) Really though, if I need to make a second trip up there that's fine w/ me![/quote']

For those that have already contacted me about getting your frags this weekend it should still be fine. I'm just not sure that I will have all 20 ready to go for this weekend distribution.

I moved all of the frags into the main tank instead of my frag tank. They are plumbed together so the water is the same but maybe it was the lighting it didn't like. I tried moving them a few times and I only got a handful that seem to be ok. Of course the first time I have issues with fragging has to be with others money....Sorry...DOH!

2011-02-10084403.jpg

Alright so I've got some good news and bad news......

Good news is that everyone that is on the first page is in on this growout....

The bad news is that not every frag is opening up at the moment. I plan on making some more frags tonight but not sure if they will be ready for the weekend. I was really hoping that we could get this rolling this coming week but at the moment it's looking like the zoas have other priorities in life. So I know this may sound a little silly but my thoughts are that anyone that picks up from me this week the contest starts for you on the 15th, And whoever picks up from me next week will start the contest on the 22nd. I will make sure that everyone has posted who picked up but I know that some of you were looking forward to grabbing the frags this weekend. I really want this to be a good experience and am worried that if I let some of these frags go this week that they won't make it. Anyone have any thoughts around this? Am I thinking this through way too much? Are we really worried that someone will have a week extra advantage? There are some sweet prizes and more to come as well that are left unlisted.

Jesse in order to avoid confusion the contest should start the same time for everyone. It's not about the advantage it's about posting the updates. For the sps some people got their frags earlier than others which is expected. I would honest recommend starting the contest on March 1 as it is easier to remember to remind people to update. That gives everyone 2 weeks to get their frags. The polyp counts are going to be different at that point so the winner would be the one with the highest percentage polyp count. I believe that's how it was done with the last zoa growout competition. Just a thought. I can't get mine this weekend.

Well if theres ROOM im in!! just paid for membership...mmhmmmm NOW WHAT coralcrazy hehehe Im official hehe..SOOOO EXCITED lol to EXCITED lol ohhhhh yeahhhh

haha bean. This growout already closed. lol Jesse whatever you need to do is fine. I can pick up my other stuff from you at OIAB this weekend and then just make another trip if its needed.

Makes sense. March first date it is. I will send out a few frags this weekend that look decent. I'm kind of embarrassed at the moment that they are not all opened up. I've never ran across an issue with zoas. They looked great before I fragged them. If these don't make it I will bit another colony with my own cash. I feel really bad this has happened. Thanks for everyone being patient.

Jesse in order to avoid confusion the contest should start the same time for everyone. It's not about the advantage it's about posting the updates. For the sps some people got their frags earlier than others which is expected. I would honest recommend starting the contest on March 1 as it is easier to remember to remind people to update. That gives everyone 2 weeks to get their frags. The polyp counts are going to be different at that point so the winner would be the one with the highest percentage polyp count. I believe that's how it was done with the last zoa growout competition. Just a thought. I can't get mine this weekend.

Makes sense. March first date it is. I will send out a few frags this weekend that look decent. I'm kind of embarrassed at the moment that they are not all opened up. I've never ran across an issue with zoas. They looked great before I fragged them. If these don't make it I will bit another colony with my own cash. I feel really bad this has happened. Thanks for everyone being patient.

No worries. Things happen in this hobby that are out of our control. Kinda hard to predict what another life form will do all the time.

No worries. Things happen in this hobby that are out of our control. Kinda hard to predict what another life form will do all the time.

Well now I see how Topher and Haywood felt when they got the other colony for the last growout...

Nothing was open this morning so if you were planning on picking up a frag from me I think we will have to reschedule. The main colony looked fine before I fragged it which is why I'm confused? some of the zoas have melted and others are just really pissed off. Any suggestions?

How are things looking?

Dead...

I'm going to look into a different colony to frag up. I'm stopping in today after work to see what they might have. I still have singe of this colony left but not sure if its a good idea to frag. All other zoas I the tank look fine. Sorry this got postponed.