What controller?

Nyles

Man there is so many! (nutty)

here are my goals, and I know its not cheap... Ph probe, temp probe, light timers (day, actinic, and moonlight timer) internet accessible with controllability via browser, wireless controller or RJ45, (rs-232 not acceptable), water level control (not required but would be nice).

Its looking to me like the Aquatronica is the way to go, can people please share others? I have looked at the profilux and neptune as well. Any suggestions?

Yea I had the Neptune and DC8 before the Aquatronica and the Neptune IMO is a "home made" style controller. The DC8 had me just mad when I opened it to see a "high school" electronics lab project in there. It would never run the power I'm running through my power bar currently. Neptune is a great product don't get me wrong but it is dated. The controller was okay though and good "US" product but "Europe" has it beat once again.

So with the aquatronica what does it take to get the webserver access? I assume I have to buy the $180 module, and can it control 2 ph probes? I will assume even though the site I am at says nothing about it that its programmable between plug (ie if ph probe drops to 7.9 I can turn on refugium or shutoff cal reactor)

Is there a good site to research this? The form on RC says the dc8 handles more wattage than aquatronica.. where is proper info? As for the on screen graph its a nice thought but completly worthless for me, I would prefer to see it on the pc where I can put it on the big pc screen and I don't need coke bottle glasses to read it.

My vote is for the Aquatronica unit. I bought mine after I got frustrated with the Neptune power strips.

I have not regreted the change one bit. It gives me complete control over everything and appears to be infinitely expandable. Now that the webserver has been released, it is a complete unit. This was a must for me as I travel.

Just my .02