flooded basement, need insurance claim, all tanks out and full remodel, advice needed

Electrokate

Kate if you are interested in tile' date=' it can be purchased for around a dollar a square ft and if you take pictures and measure the room I could give you a free estimate on how much it would cost.[/quote']

Man, a buck a sq. , plus installation sounds pretty sweet.

Sorry for the delayed reply. +100 on Servepro. Thats who did my vacation home. Go to home depot and rent a carpet cleaning machine turn it onto extraction mode. Bet you get more water out than a shop vac. Also rent a space heater and some industrial fans to keep the heat moving should be able to get the carpet to dry in 48 hours would be my guess.

Husband thinks I totally overreacted and maybe I did... was gearing up for eye surgery and pretty stressed out. The dehumidifier appears to have worked, to the touch the carpet and pad are dry and the smell is gone. It's bound to happen again though, since there is no drain, heavy rains trickle in, and I keep fish. Guess I will be buying a whole 6 pack of water spill alarms. Unfortunately with no drain in the basement insurance will not cover a claim.

Sad thing is I bred all these killifish and have to resort to giving them away. In the past they were good money. Guess I will stop breeding anything not valuable enough to sell on aquabid.com and ebay.

Who knows, maybe now that I am running a dehumidifier 24/7 the basement will actually be better than before. We already had mold. Sure wish we could have remodeled though, it's butt ugly.

Kate