Sign in to follow this  
stylaster

Future club events! Please read!

Future club events! Please read!  

1. 1.

• YES
    • NO

The meeting we had at Tim's this summer was great and he did make a lot of sells! Markdadof2 made some awesome barbecue! I know some of the sponsors are worried because sadly things have gone "missing" after some of these meetings. I'm down for the behind the scenes tour as well. I also think maybe having one at the schools where we did the TFT programs would be fun too.

I'm sure mike at pioneer wouldn't mind at all and that's a big school plenty of room.

Already in the works. Was talking to robert about doing something this summer maybe.

We should have a meeting at ocean in a box

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Douglas (OXX???) put on a truly great, high attendance meeting last summer in Springfield and talked about doing it annually. He had grill food outside and ton's of raffle prizes! I'll give him a call! This meeting was not to be missed!

Douglas (OXX???) put on a truly great' date=' high attendance meeting last summer in Springfield and talked about doing it annually. He had grill food outside and ton's of raffle prizes! I'll give him a call! This meeting was not to be missed![/quote']

Doug and I are working on it as I type. If we can work it out we will post it up later.

anyone up for hosting the meeting this Feb????, would be nice to have someone down south, if not your all going to have to come up and stare at my secret garage tank :P

I thought Frank said he would host Roy. If not Isaac at TCM aquatics said he could. It would be nice if we had someone from Eugene area host.

Hey bud this is the old thread from last year..

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?29332-2012-Meeting-Hosts

No **** (laugh) I got about 4 posts down and saw the "perp" (aka Mic) and thought WTH, they got internet privledges in jail huh-

WOW that was an eye opener.

El Presidente needs to quite drinkin the skimmate- (clap)

I'm there!!!

(rock2)

You guys still up and running?

I'm down in Coos Bay (southern oregon coast). I am new to the hobby and would love to be involved in a group of sorts for my saltwater obcession. Not very many resources down here- only one LFS and it doesn't carry corals. The fish are always healthy- but the info I've gotten there has been about 50/50 on accuracy/technique after I've come home and done a little online digging to get more info (I never trust just one person/source's information). I also only know of one other person w/ a saltwater tank anywhere near me and would like to get something started where maybe I can find others that are hiding in the woodwork. Maybe a Southern Oregon Division?

We are looking for YOU to host a meeting! If you are interested please contact any of the officers or board members.

Also want to get a head count of who would like a behind the scenes tour of the Oregon Coast Aquarium, and Hatfield Marine Science Center. (poll question)

Feb.- OPEN (would like to see it in Corvallis/Eugene)

March- OPEN (Corvallis/Eugene if Feb. isn't)

April- Behind the scenes at Oregon Coast Aquarium and a Hatfield Marine Science Center (need head count so we can contact them and get this going)

May- Shane

June- Smann (possibly)

July- OPEN (would like to see another Albany/Corvallis/Eugene meeting around here) At least 2x's a year.

August- BBQ?

Sept.- Clownhouse?

Oct.- Roy

Nov.- OPEN

Dec.- Christmas Party

Im at student at Oregon Coast Community College in Newport, and in the Aquarium Science Program. I could talk to the director if any one would want to come see the Aquarium Science Building in April. I wont be there in April because I will hopefully be doing my internship :) I would love for you guys to go visit the college!

Thanks,

Michaela

Im at student at Oregon Coast Community College in Newport, and in the Aquarium Science Program. I could talk to the director if any one would want to come see the Aquarium Science Building in April. I wont be there in April because I will hopefully be doing my internship :) I would love for you guys to go visit the college!

Thanks,

Michaela

Well... just realized this is an old post. Oops. Anyway if there are any meetings in Newport or just anyone that would like to come see the AQS Building let me know.

Well I wouldn't mind hosting I live in Albany I don't have a tank thread up yep but I have a 265 and in the next week or so going to plum in a display sump so my wife can have her sea horses and pipefish only problem is that I live in an apartment so it would be crowded but would love to have some gentle criticism let me talk to the wife about feb just nervous cause of how many other great tanks that are on here

Well I wouldn't mind hosting I live in Albany I don't have a tank thread up yep but I have a 265 and in the next week or so going to plum in a display sump so my wife can have her sea horses and pipefish only problem is that I live in an apartment so it would be crowded but would love to have some gentle criticism let me talk to the wife about feb just nervous cause of how many other great tanks that are on here

yeah bud you have to have a meeting your tank is becoming amazing

glad to see this thread springing back to life:-) Again... anyone interested in something down the coast a ways? I'm going to start a fb page and see if I can get anyone interested down here in starting a group, or joining this one.