Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stylaster

Future club events! Please read!

Future club events! Please read!  

  1. 1.

    • YES
      41
    • NO
      3


Recommended Posts

We are looking for YOU to host a meeting! If you are interested please contact any of the officers or board members.

Also want to get a head count of who would like a behind the scenes tour of the Oregon Coast Aquarium, and Hatfield Marine Science Center. (poll question)

 

Feb.- OPEN (would like to see it in Corvallis/Eugene)

March- OPEN (Corvallis/Eugene if Feb. isn't)

April- Behind the scenes at Oregon Coast Aquarium and a Hatfield Marine Science Center (need head count so we can contact them and get this going)

May- Shane

June- Smann (possibly)

July- OPEN (would like to see another Albany/Corvallis/Eugene meeting around here) At least 2x's a year.

August- BBQ?

Sept.- Clownhouse?

Oct.- Roy

Nov.- OPEN

Dec.- Christmas Party

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm eventually going to be interested in hosting a meeting but it wont be until the re-model is done and my display is up. Late in the year is my best geusstimate..i'll be able to say once I get a little closer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another idea (just throwing this out there) might be to contact the local shops and see if they would care to host a meeting/gathering at their shop. For me if I was a LFS, this would be a great way to gather a bunch of people together at one time in your shop and make some money off them...lol(laugh)

 

I know if I was at a shop, talking to fellow reefers, surrounded by corals, I think I would be moved to make a purchase, and once one person is seen buying something, others might follow, ya know. I remember Saltwater fantaseas saying something one time about a rep for a metal halide light fixture was comming to the shop, it might be a great way for the shops to showcase or present new products, or new corals ect.

 

I think having a "Topic" like what was at the last meeting (Photography) is a great idea, it gives the meetings a purpose, rather than the casual meet and greet. I would host, but I live out in the boonies, and my tanks are not all that impressive:o

 

I do like the idea of the behind the scenes tours of the OCA and MHC, that is a great idea, and could be setup as meetings, everyone could go to luch together and eat clam chowder and talk reef stuff, it would be a great meeting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good idea. I think the last meeting I went to 9 years ago was at a LFS. I cant remember who it was that hosted it but I wouldnt be surprised if they arnt open anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The meeting we had at Tim's this summer was great and he did make a lot of sells! Markdadof2 made some awesome barbecue! I know some of the sponsors are worried because sadly things have gone "missing" after some of these meetings. I'm down for the behind the scenes tour as well. I also think maybe having one at the schools where we did the TFT programs would be fun too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have arranged a few meet and greets and even a chili cookoff and I think season timing plays a big part in getting people to show up in the eugene area. The last meet and greet we had 1 person and the chili cook off had 2 members and a local LFS owner. Even getting a tank tour 1/2 day although fun, seems tough to co-ordinate. There are quite a few members/non-members down here , but tough getting them active outside the forum. Good luck. I have mentioned to Micheal about getting Aron from The Nautilus involved. Aron has a large space at the shop and has mentioned he would like to start holding local meetings and getting a TFT program down here. Mabey we should re-visit him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have arranged a few meet and greets and even a chili cookoff and I think season timing plays a big part in getting people to show up in the eugene area. The last meet and greet we had 1 person and the chili cook off had 2 members and a local LFS owner. Even getting a tank tour 1/2 day although fun' date=' seems tough to co-ordinate. There are quite a few members/non-members down here , but tough getting them active outside the forum. Good luck. I have mentioned to Micheal about getting Aron from The Nautilus involved. Aron has a large space at the shop and has mentioned he would like to start holding local meetings and getting a TFT program down here. Mabey we should re-visit him?[/quote']

 

Hey talk to Aaron at Nautilis, maybe he can hold a meeting and see the benefits of becoming a sponsor. And while there we can answer his other questions too.

 

PS- speaker is being looked into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almighty Vendor Relations Officer.......I have talked, as mentioned. I think if we would like to pursue this any further we need to bring in the reinforcements LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know some of the sponsors are worried because sadly things have gone "missing" after some of these meetings.

 

This just makes me sick, and PISSED! I don't blame them for not wanting to do it, Have things been stolen from the shops? or are you talking about the rings that where stolen at one of the meetings early on last year? Those where returned weren't they? Its really to bad that a few ruin it for the whole, that really sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Almighty Vendor Relations Officer.......I have talked' date=' as mentioned. I think if we would like to pursue this any further we need to bring in the reinforcements LOL[/quote']

 

Can you get him on here to talk to me?

Can you get me his email address? Or phone number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can you get him on here to talk to me?

Can you get me his email address? Or phone number?

 

He has lurked around the Forum, but not much of a computer guy, hence why be a sponsor on an internet site. The best way to reach Aron is 541-344-FISH. Thanks for helping the Eugene crowd!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can plan on hosting at the clownhouse again this September. I liked it better than October because the weather is typically better. All 32 grow out tanks are now online and should all be filled by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This just makes me sick' date=' and PISSED! I don't blame them for not wanting to do it, Have things been stolen from the shops? or are you talking about the rings that where stolen at one of the meetings early on last year? Those where returned weren't they? Its really to bad that a few ruin it for the whole, that really sucks.[/quote']

 

No when the thread about the rings came up there were other shops that chimed in that things went missing and other items. It may not be members. It could just be people who see a large crowd and nobody watching and take the opportunity. Talking to storeowners I am amazed at the stories they tell of people stealing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can have a meeting any time you need to in my classroom in Albany. I would like to see a meeting where members or non members give a 20 minute presentation on various topics that they feel comfortable talking about. Examples would be making your own food, posting pics on the forum, growing sps, fragging chalices, etc. Let me know if you want me to host

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roy pencil me in for either May or June. I'll host one at my place in Vancouver. The plus side is I am just minutes from OIAB.

 

Shane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I can have a meeting any time you need to in my classroom in Albany. I would like to see a meeting where members or non members give a 20 minute presentation on various topics that they feel comfortable talking about. Examples would be making your own food' date=' posting pics on the forum, growing sps, fragging chalices, etc. Let me know if you want me to host[/quote']

 

You're such a schoolteacher Roger... ;) Just kidding I had fun at your last meeting even though we were pretty late.

My topic will be how to insult someone without them even knowing it (laugh)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×