Moving to Area.

Smiley

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

As far as good shops go around this area, there are a couple, and there are also some bad ones. Some places are trying to sell beer bottle corals at champagne prices and others actually are able to give support and advise. The nice thing is we have local places to buy bulk dry goods which is very helpful. Sometimes you need it immediately and cant wait for BRS to ship it. The other nice thing about the Bay Area is there is a huge population of Asian people that go on vacations to their homeland. Usually they bring back nice corals they find while scuba diving. It is very common to have corals that nobody else has. I have a few in my tank that I want to be able to have again after I move.

I will be super excited if this works out and we end up moving to your necks of the woods. Hopefully this job pans out lol. I am looking forward to having my dream setup and meeting new people to help me put it together. I heard you all are cheap labor (work for beer/steak) which is very nice to have around.

How are the stay-at-home dad activities up that way? Are there things to do so I dont have to be stuck at home all day? Are any of you stay-at-home parents?

I am a stay at home parent but that's do to lack of work, there are plenty of things to do, do you hike, ride bikes, fish, ski, snowboard, hunt, raft, gamble, shop, zoo, omsi, offroad 4x4ing, there are lots of things to do, the beach is 45 min away, the mountain is 45 min away, the high desert is 1.5 hours away.

• 2 weeks later...

So we are still a week away from my wifes interview in Portland but this past Saturday my LRC had a frag swap. I took a cooler FULL of frags to get rid of but ended up coming back with a cooler full of new corals... Im not doing very good at emptying a tank.

So we are still a week away from my wifes interview in Portland but this past Saturday my LRC had a frag swap. I took a cooler FULL of frags to get rid of but ended up coming back with a cooler full of new corals... Im not doing very good at emptying a tank.

Send them to me!!! I will help you empty your tank!!! (hehehehe) :)

Portland has more breweries and strip clubs per capita then any state. Or so was the case a year or two ago.

Jess just informed me that a small city, she can't remember where, has taken over the title of more strip clubs per capita, by virtue of the fact that it is very small, an has 6 strip clubs. Portland still has a crap ton of em though, an new ones are opening up all the time LOL.

Let me know..............

Indeed I will.

Jess just informed me that a small city' date=' she can't remember where, has taken over the title of more strip clubs per capita, by virtue of the fact that it is very small, an has 6 strip clubs. Portland still has a crap ton of em though, an new ones are opening up all the time LOL.[/quote']

but do they have hundreds of pretty woman or a few ugly ones? My SO dont like ugly ones.

How is the snowmobiling? How long is the season? Same with hunting.....

Snowmobiling really depends on our winters..... changes year to year but usually you can get a few months or so in if your willing to drive to the mountains..... And hunting season fully depends on if you hunt with a rifle or a bow! Rifle seasons are pretty short but bow seasons are pretty awesome! (I bow hunt myself)

Lol well I hear ya! And I dont think anyone plans on hunting more than 1 day a year it just happens...lol As far as shops go there are a few nice ones up in Portland and a couple in Salem that almost always have Quality healthy stuff for fair prices! Well good luck to ya in the comming season and welcome to the area!