Small Anemone sucked thru powerhead...

EricsNano

Hey everyone, I'm just mildly freaking out right now. Two nights ago, I had a small (half-dollar sized) rose bubble (sad) get sucked into a powerhead somehow... It appears to have been absolutely shredded, as I can only find a couple small chunks. I have a little bit of ammonia going right now, about .25-.5ppm, but am keeping on top of it with water changes, fresh carbon, etc... I acutally think my skimmer took a good amount of it out of the water column, but... the spike is happening. My questions is, how long do you think I have to worry about it?

10gallon reef, rock wall type. Doing 2.5 gallon changes at least once daily. Should I do more? All my other livestock seems to be doing fine right now... Open and alive.

Other tank params are "normal": SG 1.0245, 450ppm Calcium, ph 8.1, kH of 12, Nitrates and nitrites about zero...

Please console me, lol! (scary)

Just to report back, even with not being able to find anything bigger than a fingernail clipping size of this anemone to remove from the tank (it obviously got totally shredded/diced) my ammonia topped out at about .5ppm, with no negative effects so far on anything else, and is now dropping. I did about a 25% water change daily at lunch for 3 days, and about 15 ammonia tests to keep an eye on it, and this appears to have worked. Thanks, newfisher, for the advice. Many people have told me my tank had been nuked, but that was clearly not true. Staying on top of it works, even when there is nothing left to remove (worst case scenario, I'd say).