Looking for Light System !!

Michelle

So, I've decided to dive into a marine aquarium head first and am just realizing now that it's quite the expensive hobby. It also doesn't help that I don't know anything about setting up a system. I'm looking for a little help here. I'm looking for a lighting system with 2 lights and a moonlight. The kind of lights that make the water shimmer??? I can't remember what those lights are called. Does anybody have this type of setup for sale? I am finding them online new for $600 and I just can't do that right now. Help Please!!!!!!! ;o) Thanks. . .

There is a lot more to setting up a salt / marine system than lights. Your looking for metal Halide lights. and it depends on tank size and what kind of critters your going to keep to size the wattage. I would recommend you get yourself a good marine book at your local store to help you out. Then when you need specific questions anyone is happy to help, but the book will answer many many questions. I read "The Contentious reef aquarist" it helped for basic info.

I think your first step would be to decide on what type of corals and fish you want, tthe fish will decide tank size, corals will decide light type, then go from there. Do your homework first or you will be redoing it after you first failure and lose of marine life if not, many many people make this mistake.