Please Post Forum Upgrade Bugs Here

Chief

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I haven't been around much but maybe this has been brought up before...

I can't find new content. There's a button but it shows 'no new content'  when I click it.

This is a key functionality for any forum. Is there another way to obtain a list of threads that have been updated since I last visited?

Thanks!

For some odd reason, you have to click 'forums' on the left after clicking new content.  See if that helps.

While I believe you can explain that to people, it would be nice to see the default behavior change.  I feel it does turn people away from the functionality.

I haven't been around much but maybe this has been brought up before...

I can't find new content. There's a button but it shows 'no new content'  when I click it.

This is a key functionality for any forum. Is there another way to obtain a list of threads that have been updated since I last visited?

Thanks!

When I access the forum on my phone and click new content. It first says "no new content" but being the persistent individual that I am, I click it again and then the new content shows up. I don't know why it does this.

• Like 1

When I access the forum on my phone and click new content. It first says "no new content" but being the persistent individual that I am, I click it again and then the new content shows up. I don't know why it does this.

This is exactly what I do. It isn't the best, but an extra click ain't bad. Way to be persistent!

There is always the homepage as well. 

While I believe you can explain that to people, it would be nice to see the default behavior change.  I feel it does turn people away from the functionality.

I would like that too, but it is not an option we can set. 

Under 'members' the letter tabs don't seem to take ya to that letter group. 

You are right. I will look into that. Doesn't seem to be something we set on our end. 

Yes, I can see the first time you click view new content it uses this url:

The second time, this url:

http://www.pnwmas.org/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Too bad it cannot use the second url, first!

The only difference is the search_app argument...

Edited by theclark
  • Like 1

Thanks for the work around options folks.

@President Pledosophy: Are you saying this software doesn't offer new content search functionality yet it has a button for it? I'm confused when you say "would like that too, but it is not an option we can set."

I've been to many a forum, and every single one of them has some sort of "new posts" functionality.

My Bad, it does, it is just not ideal how it does it IMO. I agree with Jeramy that the default should be set to forum and not home in the view new content screen. I can't seem to change the default setting on it, but once you set it and delete your old bookmark, it will default to that. I just wish we didn't have to have everyone do that is all. 

This thread might help you out a bit. 

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/33032-useful-format-view/