Update to the update of the special needs tank

Emerald525

Okay everyone this project if finally going to happen! Beth and I did a little bit of running around today and have a plan.

What: Tanks for teacher Pioneer school

Where: 2600 71st street, Portland, OR, 97206

When: Saturday 1/15/2011 at 2pm

If anyone is available that day and would like to help out let me know. I take all offers of help. I checked with the administrator Mike and he said that day should not be a problem

Steveweast generously donated 200 dollars and with that money we bought this setup from badguitarist for 125$. He is also donating a pump and some power heads for this cause. He is going to put doors on it and tanktop74 will put locks on it. We will pick it up Wednesday the 12th

40B.jpg

Here are the T5 lights we are using

tankwlight005.jpg

T6light002.jpg

Davey Jones donated this skimmer and air pump and is also making baffles for a 20G glass sump! Thanks Dave and Doug for stepping up at short notice and helping this cause! You two have a customer for life!

DSC07244ARW.jpg

There is sand, live rock plumbing supplies and I will use the rest of the money to figure out if we need other supplies. You always do for these. I am checking with Nick about supplying the water and hopefully buckets for transporting the water

• Like 1

I may be able to come help. Keep me posted of times etc and I will try and keep that day clear. sounds like fun to me!

What time? I might be out of town that day but if not I'm sure I could head down there for a little bit to help out

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I was thinking 2pm but I am open to what works. I figured we just need a few people and we could meet at our house and drive over (ride in the suburban or follow in the car) together as the place is a little tricky to find.

Remember the meeting is the following day at my house but wanted this to happen ASAP as there is a bucket of live rock and sand that has been sitting for 2 weeks.

No worries J.R. I know it's short notice. Beth and I can do it all by ourselves if we have to I just hate doing the super heavy lifting. That bucket of live sand that Matt dropped on our front porch about killed us getting into the Suburban (laugh) . Fortunately it's a small tank. Thanks for putting the info in your signature!

No worries J.R. I know it's short notice. Beth and I can do it all by ourselves if we have to I just hate doing the super heavy lifting. That bucket of live sand that Matt dropped on our front porch about killed us getting into the Suburban (laugh) . Fortunately it's a small tank. Thanks for putting the info in your signature!

Thats okay I cant do any heavy lifting anyways! I'm still on meds from my last back injury and my Doc would kill me. He already gave me the stank eye when I told him I got a big tank. I lied and said I didnt help pick it up..lol

Thats okay I cant do any heavy lifting anyways! I'm still on meds from my last back injury and my Doc would kill me. He already gave me the stank eye when I told him I got a big tank. I lied and said I didnt help pick it up..lol

LOL sorry to hear about your bad back. Yes a big saltwater tank and a bad back make a bad combination...(laugh)

Anyone want to help? anyone anyone?

If you still need help when it comes down to that friday night (14th), let me know, I pretty much don't have a life and wouldn't mind the excuse to come down to portland and hit some shops on that saturday. If you find people closer thats cool, if not let me know (And I will monitor this thread too) whatever I can do to help, let me know.

Update

1. Beth and I are going to pick up the 40B, stand and canopy this Saturday in Corvallis. Badguitarist is also going to donate the pump and some other odds and ends! Thanks Kyle!(clap)

2. Dave (Davey Jones) called today and the sump is ready! 20 gallon glass with baffles in place! Thanks Dave!(clap) We will pick this up on Sunday

3. Nick (Rosecity) confirmed he will supply the saltwater and ro/di water, as well as let us borrow some a few 5 gallon jugs to transport the saltwater. Nick has also offered to donate live sand and a few live rock pieces to seed the rock that has been sitting in a bucket for over 2 weeks. Thanks Nick(clap)

4. I confirmed with Mike the administrator for Pioneer school that someone will be there Saturday the 15th to open the doors!

5. We will know more what else we will need by the end of this weekend once we have the tank and sump

6. I still have 45 dollars from the Steveweast donation so that may go to a heater, test kits and powerheads or possibly plumbing supplies

Again we have the lights, live rock, probably a timer, not sure what the best solution is for storing fresh ro/di water

Kim,

PM'ing my phone number. I'm in Corvallis until tomorrow afternoon and will be in Portland Thursday night. And I drive a Jeep, which should be able to fit said tank/stand. If you can coordinate with the person you're getting the tank from, I'd be happy to bring it up to you.