International Report Cites Global Warming Cause, Effects

Piero

LMAO... now how could this be...

Even some in the establishment media now appear to be taking notice of the growing number of skeptical scientists. In October, the Washington Post Staff Writer Juliet Eilperin conceded the obvious, writing that climate skeptics "appear to be expanding rather than shrinking."

Wow. What a tedious article to read. I could only get through the first fifty people. One "comment" had like 50 more names tacked onto it for credit. I think the conclusion of this report is that "climate" in the strict definition of the word is determined by

Winterhalter, one of the 60 signatories in a 2006 letter urging withdrawal of Kyoto to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, also wrote, "The effect of solar winds on cosmic radiation has just recently been established and, furthermore, there seems to be a good correlation between cloudiness and variations in the intensity of cosmic radiation. Here we have a mechanism which is a far better explanation to variations in global climate"

However, some of these "scientist/whatevers" admit that humans may have a role in global warming

"Although, I believe man plays a role in climate change through urbanization ("the heat island effect" & development), land use changes, and aerosols and gases -- natural factors are ALSO important, most notably the sun and ocean,".

I think this report is kinda silly - a bunch of righteous people nit-picking at words. Okay, so climate, as it applies to cyclical weather of a region, is not affected by people's actions. I think by now, the definition of climate, as used by the media, is no longer set to the dictionary but, rather, it has taken on a new definition where it includes the environment.

I am surprised, too, that this report compares these 400 scientists to those who believed that the world was round. DOH! You cannot compare the two; back then, everyone believed that the world was flat, they were proved wrong and several key "discoveries" were made. Today, "everyone" believes that the planet is at a decline and we need to make it better. Omigosh, how retroactive of us.

I would type more but I have to go. :p

Today, "everyone" believes that the planet is at a decline and we need to make it better. Omigosh, how retroactive of us.

I would type more but I have to go. :p

um... if everyone believed in the myth of global warming we would not be having this discussion...

nothing says fun, like overwhelming evidence in favor of man-mad global warming, disputed by such a small population of people, stubborn in their ways.

I think we should use nuclear power and "clean coal." Both excellent ideas.

i disagree with your first comment but i agree with your last one.

here are 2 of the bullies... as an example... http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Pledge

Michael T. Eckhart, president of the environmental group the American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE), wrote in an email on July 13, 2007 to Marlo Lewis, senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute (CEI):

“It is my intention to destroy your career as a liar. If you produce one more editorial against climate change, I will launch a campaign against your professional integrity. I will call you a liar and charlatan to the Harvard community of which you and I are members. I will call you out as a man who has been bought by Corporate America. Go ahead, guy. Take me on."

Czech Republic: Czech-born U.S. climatologist Dr. George Kukla, a research scientist with the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory at Columbia University, expressed climate skepticism in 2007. “The only thing to worry about is the damage that can be done by worrying. Why are some scientists worried? Perhaps because they feel that to stop worrying may mean to stop being paid,” Kukla told Gelf Magazine on April 24, 2007.

um... if everyone believed in the myth of global warming we would not be having this discussion...

um, just to clarify, the report likened these 400 scientists to a minority that existed years before when "everyone" (the majority of the population) was convinced that the world was flat. So, when I say everyone with quotation marks, it is not a grammatical error, but a method of writing so that my point can be made across the fiber optic wires into your wonderful computer. So, here, when i describe your computer as wonderful, I am personifying it. Also, my point, a thought, cannot literally travel to wherever you are but it can be translated through a bunch of computer mechanics I don't even understand, but, you understand my meaning better. :p nitty picky

• 3 months later...

World needs more CO2?

World needs more CO2, environment confab told

'There will be significant cooling very soon,' asserts solar scientist.

You could have heard a pin drop at the Hong Kong conference designed to persuade the airline industry to cut back on its production of so-called greenhouse gases to fight "global warming."

The "Greener Skies 2008" conference had just heard from David Archibald, a solar scientist asserting that climate change is mostly dictated by solar cycles, not carbon dioxide levels, as conventional wisdom suggests.

Archibald didn't just tell the group not to worry about carbon dioxide emissions. He told those gathered they should figure out ways of increasing CO2 output.

"In a few short years, we will have a reversal of the warming of the 20th century," Archibald warned, according to CargoNews Asia. "There will be significant cooling very soon. Our generation has known a warm, giving sun, but the new generation will suffer a sun that is less giving, and the earth will be less fruitful. Carbon dioxide is not even a little bit bad – it's wholly beneficial."

After Archibald's speech, Martin Craigs, president of Aerospace Forum Asia, went to the microphone and asked: "Don't you have Al Gore's e-mail address?" "How can you be right and 2,000 scientists wrong?"

Archibald replied: "I am happy to share the science. It's all reputable."

World needs more CO2' date=' environment confab told[/b']

You could have heard a pin drop at the Hong Kong conference designed to persuade the airline industry to cut back on its production of so-called greenhouse gases to fight "global warming."

The "Greener Skies 2008" conference had just heard from David Archibald, a solar scientist asserting that climate change is mostly dictated by solar cycles, not carbon dioxide levels, as conventional wisdom suggests.

Archibald didn't just tell the group not to worry about carbon dioxide emissions. He told those gathered they should figure out ways of increasing CO2 output.

"In a few short years, we will have a reversal of the warming of the 20th century," Archibald warned, according to CargoNews Asia. "There will be significant cooling very soon. Our generation has known a warm, giving sun, but the new generation will suffer a sun that is less giving, and the earth will be less fruitful. Carbon dioxide is not even a little bit bad – it's wholly beneficial."

After Archibald's speech, Martin Craigs, president of Aerospace Forum Asia, went to the microphone and asked: "Don't you have Al Gore's e-mail address?" "How can you be right and 2,000 scientists wrong?"

LMAO!!! that is awesome...

World needs more CO2, environment confab told

I heard that the cooling was going to be due to La nina. A short event compared to the bigger picture.

This Archibald guy talks "funny" for a scientist. I don't know if I would present evidence against such a huge issue using words like "little bit bad" and a "giving" sun. Maybe he just likes sounding pretty. (laugh) Or maybe the author of the article translated with liberties. Anyway, interesting read although I'm not sure if he quite delivered the "oh snap!" ending he was hoping to give. (laugh)