iPad

Gill

I have a Droid, will be upgrading to an iPhone when they come to Verizon. I like Android as an OS, but IMO the overall user experience and apps are FAR superior on iOS.

I got an iPad for Christmas too :-) What are your favorite apps so far?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Droid, will be upgrading to an iPhone when they come to Verizon. I like Android as an OS, but IMO the overall user experience and apps are FAR superior on iOS.

I got an iPad for Christmas too :-) What are your favorite apps so far?

I only have a couple so far. I got a note taking app, pages and Netflix. Any suggestions?

I haven't chosen a case yet. I can't decide between the DodoCase, the inCase Convertible Magazine and the inCase Convertible Book.

As far as apps go, here are my favorites so far:

APPS:

Dropbox - Cloud-based file storage; has Windows, Mac, Android and iOS clients. THE best way to get files in/out the iPad

Kindle - Amazon's eBook reader software. Syncs across platforms (Mac, Win, iOS, Android)

GoodReader - Document reader. Has built-in Dropbox support

Evernote - Cloud-based document manager. Great for notes, scans, photos, etc. Syncs across platforms (Mac, Win, iOS, Android)

1Password - Password-manager. Has built-in Dropbox support and Windows, Mac, iOS, Android clients

Friendly - A nice Facebook client

Reeder - RSS reader that syncs with Google Reader

Twitter - Twitter client

Wikipanion - A nice Wikipedia client

Pandora - Streaming music

Netflix - Movie-watching client, only useful if you have Netflix (or are willing to get it)

Adobe Ideas - Nice little sketching app

Instapaper - Web-page read-it-later tool

GAMES:

Angry Birds

Cut the Rope

Plants vs. Zombies

Fruit Ninja

Carcasonne

Things I haven't checked out yet, but will soon:

Infinity Blade - RPG

Rage HD - shooter on rails game

iThoughts HD - mind-mapping app

Papa Sangre - no-video video game

Elements - Dropbox-based text editor

Pages - word processor

Keynote - presentation app

JR' date=' I know speaking for myself, we have a droid, but I wish we had an I-phone, being as how we're planning on picking up gaming, specifically WoW again, and the apps blizzard has released allowing you to play around on the auction house an what not are only for the I-phone.[/quote']

Thanks for the opinion! yeah pretty much everyone I ask around work tell to go with the iPhone.

The Otterbox Defender looks really cool' date=' but maybe a bit too thick for what I want. I think I'll probably end up with the DodoCase...[/quote']

I just got the case today. I love this thing!!! It is a little thick, If I didn't have a four year old and a two year old I would be all over the Dodo, but I think I need the extra protection LOL. If the Dodo does not come with a screen protector, I would buy one for it I put mine on and you can't even see it (clap)

I picked up the inCase Magazine Convertible today at Best Buy -- I like it' date=' it seems like a good compromise between protection and portability.[/quote']

Incase makes some really nice stuff. I was looking at this messenger bag they make. But it is a "little" spendy LOL.

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/skate-messenger-bag-cl55038/1

I also have an Ipad' date=' I love the thing. Was wondering what is your best SW app you have found if any? Have you seen the Coral Mag one? Also do you run the PNWMAS app?[/quote']

I guess my favorite app is probably Reeder, followed closely by Instapaper... Though the Kindle app and GoodReader are also really good. Plants vs Zombie is fun, but I think Angry Birds is a better game. I haven't seen the Coral mag app, I'll have to check it out.

I've just been reading the Pnwmas forums in Safari. Forum Runner looks ok, but Safari works fine for me. I just put a shortcut directly to the forum on the iPad home screen.

• 2 weeks later...
have u gotten used to it im getting one this weekend!!!!!

It has some limitations, a lot of them you can use apps to get around. All in all I love this thing and I have barely taped it's potential. As long as you still have access to a computer you will be really happy with it. Make sure to get a case and screen protector.

• 2 months later...

I finally bought a port to upload pics to my iPad, yay!!! I am curious if anyone else does this, and if so do you use the photo bucket ap to get the pics onto the forum??? Anyways here is the first pic I uploaded to photo bucket.

3a5cf13e.png

The Ipad is cool, but i'm just not use to it's keyboard.

Vin "Keep On Reefing"

I was never a fast typer so it works great for me. I type all my papers on it, just the other day I typed a ten page paper for my art history class. They do make a keyboard for it too.