Bring back cyberboy and others back!

NoobtoSalt

I think we've all lost sight to how useful this site is and how we've lost some people along the way. So I'm starting a campaign called

"Bring cyberboy back"

I know eric was buddies with him and I'm pretty sure issac sold him some really high end corals but he jumped ship pretty fast. If anyone knows his whereabouts please let us know so we can give him a warm pnwmas welcome!

If anyone has any ideas on how to bring more people to the boards lets post some constructive things in this thread.

Yes if it goes sideways I will close it with out your permission.. You know who you are.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

More people would probably come to the board and stay if they felt welcomed and saw that there was a wealth of shared knowlegde on the site. Then they would see they can have some fun with us also.

So the best way to get people here is "by word of mouth"!

Yep! Word of mouth is the best advertising.

Also a nice "warm" welcome to all no matter who you might think they are or arent :) If we could just be adults this forum could grow a lot faster!

Also a nice "warm" welcome to all no matter who you might think they are or arent :) If we could just be adults this forum could grow a lot faster!

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Most people are coming here to hopefully gain knowledge and meet others who share the same passion. If we try our best to stay on topic and truly be helpful to these people they may just stick around. Driving threads off in another direction(often negative) is only hurting this club. It's better for everyone to have more people here so trying to help newbees feel welcome is one of the most important parts.

It seems to me that everyone is very welcoming of new peeps when they initially introduce themselves. Always lots of offers to answer questions and such. Only after suspicious statements are made do people become less friendly. Frankly, I don't know what's more destructive being less than welcoming to new people or those among us that pretend to be someone else which destroys the community trust we have. For me I'm happy to err on being welcoming and helpful with the little bit of knowledge I have gained.

(wife)

There is a Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=743156235&sk=friends&v=friends#!/group.php?gid=53660498571

What we need is John Manrow back.

Isaac, I agree with trying to get John back. He was a wealth of knowledge and he was well connected. I think like many of us part of the issue was the depth of the drama here. A few people on the forums cause about 85% of the drama...it is why I fall off from time to time...get tired of it.

Oh, bring zoolander (or was it zoalander) back...no wait, he was never real anyways. See what I mean, too much drama :)

Every retail sponsor should be given a nice club banner to hang in their shop and the online sponsors should be given a nice quality club logo to use on their website. Both could say something simple like 'I support local members' or 'membership means knowledge' - just spitballing here.

We also have the WORST acronym in the world to try and say easily. I'm not suggesting changing the name but a common branding would with a simple tagline would be nice. Maybe 'local club forum' or 'reef club forum' or 'local reef board' or 'reef community forum'.

I think a little reorganization of the board sections and a strict, simple guideline of what goes where might reduce the drama people choose to expose themselves to.

Every retail sponsor should be given a nice club banner to hang in their shop and the online sponsors should be given a nice quality club logo to use on their website. Both could say something simple like 'I support local members' or 'membership means knowledge' - just spitballing here.

We also have the WORST acronym in the world to try and say easily. I'm not suggesting changing the name but a common branding would with a simple tagline would be nice. Maybe 'local club forum' or 'reef club forum' or 'local reef board' or 'reef community forum'.

I think a little reorganization of the board sections and a strict, simple guideline of what goes where might reduce the drama people choose to expose themselves to.

I like the idea of each local sponsor have some form or sign/banner that can be put at the register or doorway. Something nice not made of paper.

Yes I have heard the acronym thing before. But when the club was formed I don't believe they were thinking about it at the time. Maybe a tag line is something we can discuss at sometime in the future.

There will be changes in the way the forums look in the future as we are working on that right now.

Being a very new member I would like to comment on this. First off I have been into reefing for close to two years even though I just got my tank set up about a month ago. I was on RC and thought I was the only reefer in the state of Oregon. lol. I knew there was more of you guys since Aqua Serene in Eugene has a lot of corals I had to figure someone was buying them. When I asked before if there were any local clubs I always heard no.

I discovered this site through impur who I happened to run across of RC and saw that he was from Oregon and he gave me this site. Since that time I almost exclusively use this site even though I am a paid member on RC. I will be joining PNWMAS in January.

I am very used to the drama on forums and kind of think it is part of the fun. This site will never have the drama that RC has so I am thankful for that. I can say that I am extremely impressed with the responses I get and how helpful everyone is on this site for how few of members we have. I have asked the exact same question on RC and got 3 responses here before I ever got 1 there.

So on a end note the club is amazing but would be nice to have more plublicity. I like the banner at the stores that support the club idea and facebook is a great idea. I suppose more info on RC about our club would be great. I have looked for a local club there before and didin't see pnwmas on there that I can remember. Maybe I saw PNW and just figured Seattle. (scratch) Thanks for listening to the rant.

PNWMAS Rocks!!(rock2)

• Like 1