Heater Died

moovinfast

So I decided to check out the tank tonight and looked at the controller. The tanks at 74.5 degrees. Tested the temp with another thermometer to make sure it was correct. It is. Also checked to make sure the plug on the controller is working. And it is. How low can the temp go at night and still be ok? Right now I have a 100 or 150w heater in the sump. Its what i use for water changes. Its about 250 gallons of water once you figure in the rock and sand. I ran to Fred Meyer before they closed and picked up two 100w heaters just in case the temp goes lower with the one heater in it. I also turned up the heat a little bit in the basement (where the tank is). Stupid 800w titanium heater!!!!

Other ideas on what to do?

I would suggest you put the heaters you bought in the tank tonight, unless the basement stays above 70'ish.

When my heater went out not long ago. The temp dropped pretty quickly. My tank is in the garage thou.

If you are trying to return the heaters you bought you need to keep a close eye on things. Since it is harder to raise the temp then it is for it to lower.