Five Guys or In-n-Out

steelhead77

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back from southern Oregon the first thing on the list was to try 5 Guys.

Reef Aquariums are my secondary hobby, cooking being the first. I'm a food addicted and I even have my chef knives as a tattoo on my forearm...

That said, I'm sorry to say that there is no even the need to compare 5 guys and In 'n out.

In 'n Out wins, and stands a few steps above 5 Guys.

The quality of the burgers is outstanding. 5 Guys burgers are good, but I found out being too greasy. The vegetables and toppings are similar as quality but In 'n out is a little bit better (tomatoes are tastier and lettuce crispier). I didn't like 5 Guys bread: if you go for a greasy burger and your meat is in the high end % of fat, you have to perfectly toast the bread or it will just soak the fat like a sponge.

Fries are good in both places, but I prefer In 'n Out.

I only tried one 5 Guys location, so I have to try more, but the service wasn't excellent: grouchy employes and half of our cheese wasn't even melted.

Tables were on the "clean with oil" kind of approach, so I had to clean it myself before to sit.

This will never happens at In 'n Out: smiles and perfectly melted cheese all the time :)

The only thing I found out being more tasty at 5 Guys is the meat, but the overall quality and balance of In 'n Out burgers let you forget about that.

Last consideration is the price tag: In 'n Out can compete agains McDonalds while 5 Guys is way more expensive and there aren't combos available.

2 Burgers, 2 fries and 1 soda added up to more than $17.

With that money I prefer Burgerville (and I even save a few bucks)

Back from southern Oregon the first thing on the list was to try 5 Guys.

Reef Aquariums are my secondary hobby, cooking being the first. I'm a food addicted and I even have my chef knives as a tattoo on my forearm...

That said, I'm sorry to say that there is no even the need to compare 5 guys and In 'n out.

In 'n Out wins, and stands a few steps above 5 Guys.

The quality of the burgers is outstanding. 5 Guys burgers are good, but I found out being too greasy. The vegetables and toppings are similar as quality but In 'n out is a little bit better (tomatoes are tastier and lettuce crispier). I didn't like 5 Guys bread: if you go for a greasy burger and your meat is in the high end % of fat, you have to perfectly toast the bread or it will just soak the fat like a sponge.

Fries are good in both places, but I prefer In 'n Out.

I only tried one 5 Guys location, so I have to try more, but the service wasn't excellent: grouchy employes and half of our cheese wasn't even melted.

Tables were on the "clean with oil" kind of approach, so I had to clean it myself before to sit.

This will never happens at In 'n Out: smiles and perfectly melted cheese all the time :)

The only thing I found out being more tasty at 5 Guys is the meat, but the overall quality and balance of In 'n Out burgers let you forget about that.

Last consideration is the price tag: In 'n Out can compete agains McDonalds while 5 Guys is way more expensive and there aren't combos available.

2 Burgers, 2 fries and 1 soda added up to more than $17.

With that money I prefer Burgerville (and I even save a few bucks)

Me too to be honest, especially on the bbq.

At home I like to cook mini-burgers, so I can have different kinds.

My sliders are way better though!

Next up for trial will be Little Big Burger, I heard it's no In-N-Out but definitely better than 5 Guys

• 4 weeks later...

I had 5 Guys on saturday and it was DELICIOUS!!!! Had the bacon cheeseburger and i just loved it. I like their fries better than in & out as well, fresh cut potatoes freshly made just for your order. I saw them cutting them, thats fresh! I think you get a larger burger patty than you would at in & out, although you can get doubles at in & out.

I need to eat em side by side to choose but since 5 guys is only 45 min away i'm going to be making it required stop anytime im heading up or down I5!

When my wife and I travel to the SF area we fly into Oakland and our first stop is In N Out. Its usually our last stop before we take the rental car back too. I love double doubles although I'm kinda in the middle on the fries. Only better burger I have ever had is from "Squeeze In" in Sacramento and some place from Diners Drive-ins and Dives that I went to in Ocean Beach (San Diego area). I haven't been to 5 guys yet, but will try to make a point of it to do a comparison:)

We went to 5 guys the other night for my wife's inaugural try...It SUCKED!!!!! She said she would rather have a Mcdouble. I had to agree with her. It really was horrible. I had been talking it up for months.

Somebody screwed up. Try it again. If the same thing happens, stick with McDonalds (laugh)