Five Guys or In-n-Out

steelhead77

OK. After all the drama over the past couple weeks, how 'bout a little fun!

If you haven't tried the Five Guys Burger on N. Lancaster in Salem, you really are missing out on the BEST burger in America (as rated by Zagot in 2009)! Seriously, if you haven't tried it yet, you really need to get there and treat yourself to one. It is the BEST burger I've ever had! All the toppings are free and the Cajun Fries are the best ever. The place is always packed and the peanuts are free. Check it out next time your down that way.

I'm gonna be so bold and claim that the Five Guys Cheeseburger is better than the Double Double at In-n-Out. I know that this will be sacriledge for some and for others they won't have a clue as to what I'm talking about, but for those that have tried both, how about chiming in with your opinions.

Peace and Merry Christmas!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Burger

I drove trucks all across the U.S. and both In & Out (California Burger Chain) and Five Guys (I have been to the one in Beaverton) are about the same. If you want the best burger, go to the Midwest and try a Culvers Butterburger. Best burger I have ever tasted is a Burger from home cooked on a Traeger with thick slices of avocado. The Sassy Onion on State Street in Salem makes a burger called the California Burger that kicks a$$, but cost over $7 with fries.

In & Out is disgusting. I'd rather have a friggin burger king burger than in & out. I'll have to try 5 guys. Cappies in albany is pretty good if anyone cares.

Cappies is great Nate, thats my buddies restaurant. How about the green bean fries (naughty)

We have a five guys here in our little town of Willamette' date=' Its OK......the kids love it, but me.... Best burger is still home cooked..BBQ on the deck..warm day with a good beer..Now that's the best burger there is :D[/quote']

OK, We can't count Home-cooked burgers here. Of course they're going to be the best.

I'm heading to San Jose next week so I plan on re-trying the In-n-Out in Redding on the way down. I still expect Five Guys to win the competition (at least I'm sure the cajun fries will win out over I-n-O fries.)

I lived right next to an In N Out Burger for 26 years of my life, when I say right next, I mean the sign was right out our front door. I moved up here and had Five Guys in West Linn.

When I goto In N Out I order everything animal style. Animal style has grilled onions, thousand island, pickles, and cheese. I order the fries double-dipped(extra crispy) and animal style as well.

animaldd.jpg

animalfries.jpg

I think they are in a lot of ways different. Both wonderful burgers. I'm just happy to have Five Guys up here. But if you had to ask me to choose between the 2, I would opine that I am heavily biased towards one because of growing up with it. But again, Five guys is a great burger.

I lived right next to an In N Out Burger for 26 years of my life, when I say right next, I mean the sign was right out our front door. I moved up here and had Five Guys in West Linn.

When I goto In N Out I order everything animal style. Animal style has grilled onions, thousand island, pickles, and cheese. I order the fries double-dipped(extra crispy) and animal style as well.

animaldd.jpg

animalfries.jpg

I think they are in a lot of ways different. Both wonderful burgers. I'm just happy to have Five Guys up here. But if you had to ask me to choose between the 2, I would opine that I am heavily biased towards one because of growing up with it. But again, Five guys is a great burger.

++++1 (animal style) hitting the perverbial nail on the head. I didn't grow up next to one, but drive from Eugene to Redding just for lunch a few saturdays a year and bring back "care packages" for my friends who can't drive 9 hours for the best burger on the planet. They will package the burger, cheese, sauce , trimmings etc. seperately on ice so when you get home you can assemble them, pop them in the microwave and fill your house with the smell on IN and OUT. Only Turkey dinners during the Holidays can rival this smell. Like mentioned by Grassi, it's the fact that they will make anything you want. Their hidden menu is like finding Micky Mouse heads hidden around inside Disneyland. You can watch them cut the potato and then double fry it for you. My mouth is watering and I have to stop type/rambling